01

Getaway Car - Taylor Swift

November 20th, 2021

KARISSA MONTGOMERY

Today is a special day for Astrid and Harry. Today is Astrid's 3rd birthday, and it's also Harry's last show of his tour in North America.

Astrid has been waiting for this moment for so long and not because of her birthday but because she wants to spend more time with Harry.

Astrid is taking this whole divorce as best as she can, and so are Harry and I. It wasn't hard to file for divorce, Harry refused to even look at the papers for a couple of days, but he ended up signing them after I explained to him I wouldn't take anything from him.

It hurt me that that was the first thing he thought about when he got served, and he even got a lawyer to explain to him what it all meant and if I was trying to mess with him in any way.

His biggest fear during the whole thing was me taking Astrid away. I assured him I wouldn't do that, but he was still worried I had changed my mind.

We've been traveling a lot because Astrid wants to see her daddy being a rockstar, as she called it. She even begged us to buy her a little Polaroid camera because she wanted to capture every moment of the tour and her life.

Harry and I agreed to it, and we ended up buying her a Polaroid camera along with a photo album for her to put the photos. She's been taking pictures of everything. I don't even know how many Polaroid films I've bought her these past few months.

"Mommy, I don't want to sit that far," Astrid said from behind me, and I looked at her from the rearview mirror.

I explained to her where we were going to be seated, and since then, she has been complaining about it; she says she wants to be at the very front since it's the last show, and she wants her daddy to see her. I texted Harry after she complained the first time, and he refused, saying it was unsafe, so I didn't bother asking again.

But I know the moment Astrid gets to the venue and asks him herself, he's not going to say no; he can't.

I park the car and turn the engine off, getting out of the car and going to Astrid's side.

"Ready, babylove?" I ask, undoing her seatbelt and picking her up from the car seat.

"Mommy, do you think daddy will say yes?" She asked, pouting.

When it comes to Astrid wanting something, she's going to get it. Harry nor I have the heart to say no.

"I don't know, babylove. You have to understand there's a reason why he said no," I tell her, kissing her cheek.

"Not even because it's my birthday?" She says, covering her eyes when something flashes on the side of her face.

I snap my head back at the reporter, and I see him taking pictures of my daughter and me. I cover her face, and I lay her head on my shoulder, rushing to the door and losing him.

I forgot to mention that since the divorce, paparazzi have been on our at all times, at Astrid's school, Harry's house, and Aurora's job.

I open the door when Astrid whispers in my ear. "Mommy."

"Yes, baby?"

She laughs. "Daddy tells those people the same when they take pictures of me, but he does this," she says and shows me her middle finger, moving it around and flipping off everyone around us.

"Astrid, don't do that," I scolded her, trying to fight back a smile.

"But daddy said it was okay."

"Daddy says many things all the time, and you never listen."