12

I Wouldn't Mind - He Is We
that way - Tate McRae

January 8th, 2022

KARISSA MONTGOMERY

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing again, turning around and putting my phone on silent.

Harry has been trying to get a hold of me since early this morning, but I've ignored every one of his calls and messages.

Crystal left early, telling me she had stuff to do, which now I knew what she meant by that. They must be on their way to the airport by now.

I hear giggling from downstairs, and I get out of bed, not bothering to put my slippers on. I walk down the stairs, and I see Daniel sitting down on the couch with Astrid sitting on his lap while watching Mickey Mouse on the TV.

"Good morning," I say, smiling down at Astrid.

"Good morning, Mommy! How did you sleep?" Astrid asks, jumping off Danny's lap and rushing to me, hugging my leg as I kneel.

"I slept great, baby. What about you?"

"Good," she smiles. "How was the party?"

I chuckle, looking at Daniel and back at Astrid. "It was fun, really fun," I smile shyly.

Astrid smiles widely and rushes up the stairs, not telling us where she's going. I make my way to the kitchen, and Daniel quickly walks behind me.

"What was that?" He asks.

"What was what?" I asked, confused.

"When Astrid asked how the party was, you looked at me."

"So?"

"The way you looked at me," he furrowed his eyebrows. "What happened at the party?"

"Calm down, detective. Nothing happened," I shake my head. Opening the fridge and getting Astrid's milk and strawberries out.

"Aurora called me this morning," he starts. "Told me Harry and you left the party early."

I'm going to fucking kill her when I see her.

"I wasn't feeling good," I began chopping the strawberries into small pieces, putting them inside a little bowl.

"She mentioned you guys were dancing a lot. I don't know If you'd call that dancing since you both were almost making out."

"She was drunk; she doesn't remember much from the party," I nervously chuckled. "We were just dancing."

"Are you okay?"

"I am," I say, pouring milk into the bowl and walking over to Astrid's high chair.

"Isn't your Italy trip soon?" Daniel asks, walking over to my calendar hanging from the wall. He points at today's date and looks back at me.

"Harry and Crystal are going together."

"What?"

"I didn't want to go after all," I lied.

"But you were so excited about this trip. Why didn't you want to go?"

Astrid comes rushing into the kitchen, Cherry following behind, barking and jumping, trying to get Astrid's toy from her hand.

"Crystal?" Daniel asks, furrowing his eyebrows. "Seriously?"

"Is Crystal here?" Astrid excitedly asks, and I shake my head.

"I'm sorry, baby. She's not coming today, she's busy, but I promise we'll see her soon," I smile at my daughter.

I also had bought a ticket to take Astrid with us, and I knew Harry would still want to take her regardless of whether I was coming along or not.