08

Wonderful Christmastime - Harry Styles (Cover)

December 25th, 2021

HARRY STYLES

I get everything in my car, making sure I don't forget any of the gifts I bought or anything from the list Isa sent me yesterday.

My mum rented a car, so she's driving to Isa's house with Gemma, and Crystal asked me if I could pick her up, so that's what I'm about to do.

I throw all the gifts in the trunk and the backseat, fixing them so they all fit. This year I had to buy way too many gifts, and even though I had already dropped some off at Isa's house, the car was still full. I can't even blame it on anyone but me, most gifts are for Astrid, but I also made sure to get everyone going over tonight to get them something. I'm that nice, sadly.

I get in my car, and I type Crystal's address, noticing she lives only ten minutes away. I quickly get there, throwing some of my clothes in the passenger seat in the back and hiding them under the gifts.

I text Crystal, and I roll the windows down. To be the middle of December is not as cold as we expected it to be. Astrid has been talking about snow lately, and she says she's excited to have a Christmas with snow. Hopefully, I'll be touring Europe by the next time it snows. I'll take her with me. I know she'll love it.

I see Crystal walk out of her house, and I begin honking jokingly. I keep honking until she's close enough to the car.

"I'm here, I'm here," she opens the door and sits down. Her black skirt accidentally runs up, and she quickly pulls it down. Fixing the sleeves of her red sweater.

"Merry Christmas Eve, CC," I smile, putting the car on drive and driving to Isa's house.

I know Crystal has the same sense of humor as me, but she's just shy. She often listens to my jokes and quietly laughs, but she never jokes back.

The last time Astrid and I pranked her, she just laughed. She never took revenge. I lived in fear for weeks until she told me she wasn't doing anything because she thought it was unprofessional.

I'll get her there.

She opens the big tote bag she has on her feet and takes some gifts out. Getting a pen from her purse and writing names on each gift.

My nosy ass can't stop looking away, so I lean over to see what she's writing, and I see her writing everyone's name.

"What did you get, Daniel and Aurora?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

Crystal has been our babysitter for a while now. Isa found her weeks before we divorced, and I told her I wanted to keep her when I moved out. She treats Astrid as if she were her own, and that's all I care about.

We've had some deep talks now and then, mostly when I had to call her because I was too drunk to watch Astrid at night. She'll come over and sit with me, and I would ask her to tell me a story, and she'll tell me about her life.

She probably thinks I can't remember because of the state I was in most time, but I remember everything.

"I got Daniel some posters and collectible Spider-Man stuff he's wanted for a while. Hopefully, he doesn't have them already," she laughs. "I haven't talked to him in a while."

"He'll love it. He and Astrid are obsessed with Spider-Man."

"And I got Aurora two vinyls," she smirks, covering her mouth and looking out the window.

"Let me guess... Niall's vinyls?" I ask, knowing right away.

Aurora is obsessed with Niall, she talks nothing but shit to me, but the moment the name Niall comes out of my mouth, she's all ears. She threatened me to give her his phone number a couple of months ago, and I did after I asked him if he was okay with it.