11

this is me trying - Taylor Swift

January 7th, 2022

KARISSA MONTGOMERY

I get out of the shower, rush to my closet, and get my clothes out. I throw them on the bed, and I begin getting ready, doing my makeup and hair with a towel still wrapped around my body.

Today is Aurora's birthday, and she's having a birthday party downtown. My mission today is to pick up the cake and get it to the place.

I hear a knock on my door, and I get up to unlock it. Harry standing at the door, already dressed.

"She said to pick up the cake at nine," he says, leaning on the doorframe.

"What time is it?" I ask, walking over to my vanity and sitting down, finishing my hair.

"Nine."

I snap my head to the side, looking at him, immediately getting up from the chair and walking over to the bed, undoing the towel knot and letting it fall on the floor. Putting on the dress and shoes I left on my bed earlier.

"Go wait in the car. I'm almost done," I say.

I turn to look at him when I don't hear him answering back, and I see Harry still leaning on the doorframe, rolling his lips in his mouth while staring at me while changing.

"Did you lose something down here?" I roll my eyes, pull down my dress, and sit on the bed, putting my heels on.

"I'll wait for you outside," he leaves, and I sigh.

Astrid is finally getting better, but she refuses to let Harry return to his house. Last week she asked Crystal to stay the night, and she didn't let her go home the next day. So it's been really hard for Harry and me because I know he has stuff to do, and so does Crystal. I don't want to be wasting their time.

"Mommy? At what time are you coming home?" Astrid asks as I walk down the stairs. She sits on the couch with a bowl full of popcorn, Crystal sitting next to her.

"You'll be asleep by the time I get back, babylove," I pout, walking closer to the couch and kneeling before her.

"Will you bring me some cake?" She excitedly asks, and I nod.

"Thank you so much, Crystal. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call Harry or me," I assure her, and I walk out of the front door.

Aurora was very clear with the instructions she gave all her invites. She didn't want kids; she didn't want any plus ones; all she wanted was people close to her.

I was surprised when she invited Harry, and he said no because he would stay home and watch Astrid, but Crystal offered.

One of the main rules Aurora had, was not to bring Crystal to the party. She said she would prefer to have kids running around than have Crystal there.

"Ready?" Harry asks when I open the front door, and I smile, nodding.

We walk over to the car, and he opens the door, offering me a hand to get in. He gets on the driver's side and turns the engine on.

I turn to look at him when I notice he keeps the car parked. "What are you waiting for? We're gonna be late," I laugh.

"I just wanted to look at you," he murmurs, and I chuckle.

"I know I look good. Thanks very much."

He smirks, putting the car on drive and driving over to the place we're supposed to be picking up the cake.