Stalker

Mark walked down the docks sighing as he did. He didn't mind Megan but she was a bit touchy-feely, which he also didn't mind, but she was kinda suffocating; plus she brought no small amount of trouble with her in the form of Cole, her 'Ex' boyfriend who didn't understand he had already been dumped. As nice a person as Megan was he didn't wanna deal with that kind of stuff, he just wanted to continue living a relaxing life in Bayview while he figured out some stuff about himself.

'Maybe some more about this necklace too...' he thought to himself as he untucked it from his shirt and looked at the weirdly shaped object. Two of the gems had started to flow brightly while the other four remained dull and lifeless. He knew there was more to this necklace than met the eye, he had taken it to an appraiser once, but when the man asked him to take it off he felt like beating the man to death, fearing he would steal it. A small part of him wondered if this was the reason behind his supernatural powers, maybe he was some kind of magician or a wizard. "Pfft yeah right," he said to himself as he tucked the amulet back into his shirt and continued onwards.

*Creak*

Mark whipped his head around, his whole body was tensed and his fists were clenched; he scanned for any trace of an enemy or an ambusher but found none. A few seconds later he breathed out and wondered why he got so worked up by the sound of the wood creaking. 'Enemies? What enemies?' He thought to himself with a laugh as he turned back around and continued walking down the docks. Mark got to the end of the docks and stood in front of the empty space where John's ship the 'Sea Shepherd' should've been. Squinting his eyes he could see that the ship was out in the bay and had yet to come back in; John had warned him they'd be doing some checks on the pods before they set sail.

Mark sighed before turning around and sitting on a large barrel that was on the dock. There was no point in going somewhere else now as he was sure they'd be back soon, so he just decided to wait. Picking a coin out of his pocket he started rolling it between his fingers, when he looked down at the coin he could notice how it would fall and where it would go next; it seemed a daily occurrence that his vision would keep getting better, but he didn't tell anyone in the Evans family, he felt like it would be an unnecessary worry for them. Mark then flicked the coin to his other hand and continued doing it, his reflexes and eyesight were incredible; he couldn't help but laugh as he did tricks with a coin only a magician would do.

*Creak*

The wood creaking again distracted him and the coin shot out of his and into the sea. He tried to reach for it, but it was already out of his grasp, what happened next shocked him as he expected the coin to fly out into the sea, but instead, it froze midair before flying back into his hands. He turned his hand around and looked at the coin lying flat on it "That's new," he said to himself as he picked the coin off his hand and put it back into his pocket. Mark looked to the location of the wood creaking and as expected he saw nothing of note, he did see a single magpie though walking on the deck.

*Horn*

Mark looked off into the bay as the Sea Shepard came closer. He pushed himself off the barrel and got ready for their arrival. As the ship pulled up alongside the dock, John who was standing by the edge hopped off with a smile on his face. "Good to see you Mark, sorry we are a bit late," he said as he clapped him on the shoulders.

"No problem, how are the pods?" He asked.

He squeezed his shoulder and smiled "The pods are perfect, we just need an engine and equipment check and we should be off by tomorrow," John replied.