Chapter 3: From Her Eyes.

Kiel.

This morning couldn't get any better, the warmth of the sun, the coolness of the breeze and there we sat in the pergola across each other. She was closing her eyes, taking slow breaths, feeling the vicinity with a smile. 

"I must say, you do enjoy this quite a lot?" I said in a low soft tone to match the atmosphere of the moment. It was a peaceful morning and I would like to keep it that way.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked into mine. Those green eyes matched the life around us. "It gives me a jolly good feeling." She giggled. Something she rarely does and for this past two years the garden and the roses is the only reason she steps out of the mansion.

"What has my father been up to lately?" She asked. I paused for a moment. Her father isn't the man she thinks he is, he operates in darker businesses other than being a politician and she loves him too much to notice. Her father was full of secrets and she wasn't aware of them

"He doesn't usually talk about what he does, you know that." I lied, sort of. He doesn't talk about what he does with her. But I know it all. "Well you adore your father a lot, don't you?" I decided to change the subject about her father.

She moved her hands from her lap to her side and smiled. She loves talking about him, she's proud of her father or at least for what she think he is. "He's a great man and a loving father." She smiles.

I was aware of the horrors that lie beneath the surface, however, she was living a life like a princess. Ignorant to many layers that her father has. It seems like he has done a good job protecting her from his shady work. 

"You are lucky." I smiled at her as I spoke in a gentle tone. 

"Tell me about yours." She spoke softly, showing me that she has given me her full attention. Her eyes speaking interest. 

I chuckled. I was not expecting her to ask me about my family, since we never had a personal talk before. A debate started in my head on how much I should disclose, what is safe to say or not and so on. "Well.. Mine wasn't exactly the most loving household, to say the least."

She looked at me with a curious expression. "How so? If you don't mind telling that is." She spoke in a gentle tone.

"Let's just say, financial struggle was a big thing to our family then." I said and smiled, not wanting to go through details.

"Sorry to hear that." She spoke softly.

I smiled at her. "It's alright."

"But a black canvas, doesn't mean you can't paint colors on it." She said softly and her smile spoke comfort, I guess I like her smile now.

I couldn't help but grin at her words, it was a good way to look at it. But actually, it's how anyone should look at things. "That's true."

"You're a really strong individual, Kiel. I'm proud of you." She said and I chuckled. Individual? Hearing that from her felt strange but at the same time, I felt somewhat glad to hear it.

She smiled and stood up from her seat and gracefully walked out the pergola, the sun highlighting her beauty as she takes herself under it. Now that I really think about it, she's breathtaking. 

She then turned to my direction. "I'd like to meander around, shall we?"

I smiled at her and nodded as I stood up to follow her. 

I kept my eyes on her as she walked ahead of me. She is like a gentle flower, blooming with grace and beauty. I can't help myself but smile before her presence, I admired her and I even feel like I'm drawn to her like a moth to a flame. I smile with my heart set on her.

---

I lifted my wrist in front of me checking the time. Looks like we've been outside for quite some time now.

"Phoebe.." I called to her.

"Kiel?" She responded, and the way my name fell so softly from her lips struck a chord in my heart and sent it fluttering. What was I gonna tell her again? And just what am I feeling right now?

I paused for a moment, starring at her, stuck in a trance her voice trapped me in.  When she noticed I haven't responded, she turned around and I quickly composed myself before I continued. "Would you like to head inside now?"

She stopped at her position, her eyes looking at me like she's trying to read me. She then smiled before she spoke. "Sure, let's head inside."

I returned her a smile and walked towards her, gently taking her hand in mine and guiding her to the front door of the mansion.

I held the door open for her, I let her hand go as she walked inside first, watching her provoked a train of thought in my mind.

Am I still doing this because it's my job?

Or maybe because she somehow fills my heart with joy and wonder, consuming me, making me want to protect all of her with all of me.

Phoebe.. Why does my heart soars in thoughts of you.

~