Chapter 5: Under My Care.

Kiel.

I am unsure about many things right now. I was stuck in my train of thoughts as I walked through the hallways toward her bedroom. As soon as I reached her door, I went inside to check on her and worry crept up my spine when I saw her bed empty. She doesn't go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I immediately ran and checked the other rooms looking for her.

I passed by a window noticing a white figure outside, when I walked back and checked, there she was, outside, in the garden, alone. What is she even doing there at midnight? I stormed downstairs and to the garden where she was.

She turned towards me  when she heard the doors swung open and she immediately had a worried expression on her face.

"What are you doing here, Phoebe? It's midnight!" I said in a stern tone, this didn't make me feel happy at all. "What if you got hurt while I wasn't around? I will never be able to forgive myself if that happens."

She lowered her head and averted her eyes. "I'm sorry." She said in her regular soft tone. How will I stay mad at her now? I looked down and noticed she wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Where's your shoes?" I said in a serious tone with a hint of concern. She shouldn't be going barefoot in the garden, what if she steps on something sharp?

"I..I intentionally didn't wear any." She said hesitantly but I could tell she was honest.

"Phoebe-" 

"I know what you're going to say.." She cuts me off. "But I'm careful."

I took a deep breath to calm myself down, I couldn't stay mad at her. Why was I even mad again? "Why go barefoot then?"

She smiled. That smile. "I just wanted to feel the path, the grass.."

I chuckled. "Well are you done?" I asked in a soft tone, and she shook her head. "Alright, I'll give you more time to do what you want to do."

The way her eyes sparkled after I said that was everything. I couldn't ask for more in this moment than to see her smile. And happy.

She walked towards the roses. I stayed at my position to give her some time alone. It's basic decency to give her space when she needs it so I maintained my position and kept watching over her and only move when she needs me to.

---

The night was sure cold and was getting colder. I checked my watch and it was already past 1 am. this wasn't a normal sleep schedule for her so it was making me worry. "Phoebe it's really late." I said in one breath with a concerned tone.

She looked over towards me and smiled. "Alright." My eyes scanned her and she was only wearing a victorian night gown so she must be cold.

I walked towards her as she was walked towards me. I was wearing three layers of clothes. A jacket and a sweater then a shirt. I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her as I looked into her eyes as they were looking at mine, locking our gaze. 

"There, you must be cold." I said and our warm breaths visible to the cold surroundings.

"Thank you, I'm honestly feeling really cold." She said and smiled before lowering her head. Am I high or did she blush? Well I gotta take her inside or she could get sick, and I don't want that.