Prologue

"Phoebe!" Her father yells. "I'm here, Phoebe, I'm here."

Fourteen years old Phoebe covered in crimson that belonged to Laura Florence, her very own mother, crying beside her mother's lifeless body after her life had been taken by an intruder. Her father rushed to her, hugged her, pulled her away and kept her wrapped around his arms as the paramedics took her mother with them.

"It's going to be okay, Phoebe." Tears left his eyes as he held his daughter in his hands.

---

Three days later after the incident, Phoebe stayed home in her room and even refused to attend her mother's funeral. For days, she sneaks out to visit her mother's grave, she had lost hope in life after what she experienced and finds them as she sat beside her tomb painting but despite suffering a traumatizing event, she always kept a soft and bright smile on her face spreading the love her mother shared with her through her smiles.

Days after her fifteenth birthday, her father arrived with a stranger as she was painting. "Phoebe, come here. I want you to meet someone." 

She nodded to her father and walked towards them as he introduced her to a man in a suit. "He is Kiel Cohrter, he will be your personal bodyguard starting today." She smiled at him, and Kiel returned a smile.

"You must be Phoebe." He said as he kissed her hand with one hand behind him as respect. "It's nice to finally meet you, Phoebe."

The Florence family is well-known for their wealth and a royal-like lifestyle.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Kiel." She said softly.

Kiel was fascinated by how Phoebe speaks and took a mental note this day of how soft spoken she is. He smiled at her once more. 

"I'll protect you at all cost, Phoebe..

You can count on me."

~