Chapter 11: Maybes.

Phoebe.

I could feel his gaze on me, which is suppose to be normal since he is meant to keep his eyes on me. But why does it feel different this time?

"You should come visit me in Spain." I turned my head back to Isla after glancing behind me to Kiel, still processing what she said.

"Huh? Spain? Yeah, that'd be nice." I forced a smile, hoping I heard her right.

She looks back to Kiel and wore a small smirk on her face. 

"That doesn't look healthy."

"What?"

"Him? I get his a standard but his your bodyguard." She states as her smirk grew larger by each word.

"What? No. Nothing like that." It's not.. no.

"Not the way he looks at you though." She turns her head to him again. "Definitely something, that's not how he looks at you when I left to Spain."

I turned to look at him as well. Really? I can't really tell. After spending my each day with him around, can you really tell a person's change? Unlike my father who is mostly away to do business, I'd notice his change in age every time he comes around. 

I chuckled. "Kiel? No."

Isla shrugged her shoulder, still keeping that smirk on her. "If you say so."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. I know I've been seeing Kiel in a different light lately but maybe not that way, like what Isla said it's not healthy, it's torture to fall for someone you can't have.

Isla continued to talk about her days in Spain and how she met this people there. In between her stories I kept glancing back to Kiel and each time our eyes would meet, knowing if I don't initiate to look away they would lock.

Why are you looking at me like that, Kiel

Like your eyes is brimming with affection and your gaze filled with adoration.

As much as I don't want to think about it. Why are you proving Isla right?

---

Seconds turned into minutes and to hours, why does time go by so fast when you are with the people you want to spend time your time with?

"Phoebe," I looked up to Kiel. Isla and I sat in a bench thirty minutes ago since we got tired of walking as we talked. "The sun will come down soon, time to go."

Kill joy, kidding.

I nodded and turned back to Isla, I opened my mouth but before I could speak she spoke first in a joking tone. "Alright, take care of my best friend, okay? She's all yours."

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened at her joke.

"I will." He said in a serious tone and my heart skipped a beat when he hopped into her joke, it made me feel his presence beside me more. He offered his hand in front of me and spoke in a soft tone of voice, I looked up to him as he wore a gentle smile on him. "Let's go?"

For a second, which felt like a long period of time. I found myself lost in his eyes, his blue eyes. Blue like the deep oceans, and there I am sinking in them. That look with a deep sense of tenderness and warmth got me thinking, maybe being stranded in the ocean won't feel cold at all.

I gently placed my hand on his, he looked down to his hand and slowly held them as he caressed the back of my hand with his thumb slowly pulling me up from the bench in the process. I broke our stares and looked back at Isla to give her one last wave of the day and she waved back.

Kiel slowly walked me back to the car and my mind was still thinking about my hand on his. This isn't the first time but how does this feel different now? Is it because of what Isla said? Maybe that. That it made me think differently about him, I have to get that out of my head now.

Kiel suddenly pulled me towards him, realizing I almost walked off the stairs. "Where's your mind at, Celestial?"

You.

---

"What are planning tomorrow?" Isla asked me about my birthday tomorrow, I wasn't even thinking about it and yet everyone kept asking.

My birthdays doesn't really excite me much ever since my mom lost her life in the most cruel way possible days before my fifteenth birthday.

Since then, I lost interest in celebrating those days but my father always threw the celebrations which I didn't mind. In fact, I'm thankful. But if you ask me, I don't really feel like celebrating.

"Right, about that.." I looked at the bottom of my door when I noticed a shadow standing on the other side of it. "Hang on." I said and muted my call as I leave it on my bed. I stood up and walked towards my door, stood in front of it as well.

What am I doing? And the fact that I am so sure it's Kiel on the other side, how can I tell? I don't know. I just feel it's him. Do I open the door or wait for him to knock?

Even with the door between us, I can feel his eyes straight through it. I slowly placed my hands on the doorknob not turning it yet. I took a deep breath, why is this making me nervous? I looked up to the part of the door where his eye level would be.

I suddenly felt a spark in my hand as I held on the door knob making me look down to it and caused me to let go and step back. It was almost like electricity ran through my body but it wasn't that, I don't know. I couldn't describe it.

I stood there for a few more seconds before the shadow moved to the side and walked away from the door. I felt somehow disappointed that he didn't knock or came in, maybe if I just opened the door, he wouldn't even come here if he didn't need something. 

I took a step and quietly opened the door. I peaked my head holding onto the door frame and find him walking away from my room through the hallway, when he stopped in his position, I immediately went inside closing the door in front of me which made a little lock sound and my heart raced. 

I leaned my back on the door along with my head. Did he caught me? I heard his footsteps getting closer unlike earlier where he's careful not to be heard, now he is purposely letting me know he is coming.

Knock, knock.

"Phoebe?" He said in a soft and low tone but enough for me to hear through the door, he chuckled. "I know you can hear me, my Celestial. Were you watching me?"

I can feel my cheeks heat up from his words, do I answer him? 

"Open the door for me, Phoebe." He said slowly and I gulped, his voice when he spoke. There was something about it that sent shivers down my body. What is this effect you're giving me Kiel?

"Please?"

I blushed harder and stepped away from the door turning to it. I stared at the doorknob for a few seconds before placing my hand and slowly turning it, before I could open the door Kiel opened it himself swinging the door open as soon as I turned the knob.

He stood in front of me with a playful smirk forming his lips, taking a step closer as I step back. "What took you so long?"

"Kiel.."

~