Chapter 6: Eyes on hers.

Chapter's cover by @mckenliez, thank you!

Kiel.

I silently watched her continue painting, she does so with every stroke of her brush gentle. I looked to the left side of her art room to admire her other paintings on display. There were many and they were all as pretty as the painter herself. However, I am most curious about the one she's currently working on. 

I walked towards her and watched her paint in a closer proximity. Her painting method is meticulous, she takes her time to perfect each brush stroke, the way everything comes together like a puzzle with each piece contributing to create this beautiful sight.

"Do you like it?" She asked, I looked at her and little did I know a smile formed in my lips.

"I love it." Everything about it. The painting was a white rose, but glowing in a yellow and some pastel colors while the back ground was a vignette of blue.

She looked at me and smiled before turning back to continue her painting. Her smile so contagious, it left a curve on my lips, worrying I won't be able to get it off.

I swear when I was assigned to do this work, I had one job to do.. And that was to protect her.. Now I got a second job added. And it's to hold myself back from thinking about you this way, Celestial.

I took a deep breath from this train of thoughts, you just have this effect on me, Phoebe. An effect I never expected to happen. It's like she can..

"Is something wrong?" She suddenly asked, kicking me out of my thoughts. 

"None, Phoebe." I responded with a faint smile. 

She turned to face me. Those green eyes focused on me, as if she's showing me that I have her full attention. And why am I nervous? 

"Something on your mind?" She asked her voice with a hint of concern.

Why?

All these thoughts I have about you. All these feelings I confusedly feel for you. Trust me, Celestial.. I spent years training, and I am well-trained physically and mentally.

But damn, you drive me crazy.

"It's nothing." I lied. I couldn't really tell her all these yet, maybe I'm just currently confused and I can't involve her with that confusion. Not unless I'm certain.

She smiled at me, a warm smile that gave a sense of comfort like she's telling me that I can tell her anything. And everything. That smile, what are you doing to me?

I just stared deep in her eyes, making me remember everything that happened last night. Her warmth against me as she sleeps, having her that close to me the whole night. Watching the gentle rise and fall of her chest as the sound of her steady breaths echoed in the silent night. The way she remained in my embrace as she slept through the night. I felt my heart racing as I thought about-

"Your eyes, Kiel." Her voice suddenly pulled me out of my trance. "How are you looking at me with so much color?" She asked softly.

"So much color?" I asked with an obvious confusion in my voice, I'm really confused.

She just giggled and turned back to her painting. You're not leaving me hanging here, Phoebe.

I stood behind her, gently placed my hand around her neck with two of my fingers in her jawline and made her face up towards me. Her skin felt so soft against mine, I never touched her hands without her gloves on and yet I just wrapped my hands on her pretty little neck. I looked down at her and I spoke softly yet stern. "Tell me, Celestial."