13

*Flashback*
"Abhilash uncle is a bad boy. He isn't letting my papa play with me" I said clinging on Papa's legs not letting him leave the house.

Abhilash uncle stood in front of papa folding his hands trying to scare me.

"Look nihal is letting uncle work so even you should let me work ana. We can play once I get back home so let papa go please"

"Noo I won't. You can't go today. You come home late everyday and not play with me. I won't let you go today".

"Please ana baby let papa go. How about I buy you ice cream tonight?"
He said holding me in his arms.

"No papa. Hilal bhaiya doesn't like his papa so he is letting him work. But I love you sooo sooo sooo much so I won't let you go today" I said clinging on his neck now.

Papa and uncle shared a look and then uncle nodded his head trying to control his laugh looking at my pouting face.

"Fine stay with your papa for one day and then I'll take him with me all other days so I win" uncle said.

"No I won't let go of papa with you" I said crying in his arms. What if he really took papa to his house.

"Papa you won't leave me right. Don't go with uncle only" I said crying in his arms.

"Ana baby stop crying. Papa will never leave you. Come lets go hit Abhilash uncle for scaring you" and I went and tried hitting uncle for hurting me and papa.

"Ahh sorry sorry I'm sorry Anaya. It's hurting me" uncle said trying to act.

"If you take papa again then I'll hit you harder like powerpuff girls" I said showing him my tiny hands.

"Ok ok ok I won't take him. But wait Then how will you buy new dolls and clothes?"

"My papa will get them for me from the store so you don't have to think about it"

"Okay then I need to leave now. Enjoy your time abhishek. Bye Anaya don't forget to trouble your dad the whole day" he said waving at me.

"Papa you said you are buying me ice cream right. So let's goo"

"I said I would buy you one if you let me to go office today right" he said trying to think.

"No you said you will buy me one so let's go before someone buys everything" I said taking him outside holding his finger.

*Present*
I quickly wiped my tears when I heard the door click open. I looked at the person who entered inside.

Oh shit it's nihal. What should I do. Should I jump from the balcony? I started to panic by his presence. I thought to act strong but I can't.

"Sorry for what happened that night. I didn't mean to do anything. It's just that I got wasted so I'm sorry" he said looking anywhere but me.

Is he bipolar or what. He does whatever he wants and just apologizes as if nothing happened. Fuck him I don't care and consider won't his sorry anyway.

I just went outside the room not wanting to stay under his presence. I felt out a breath which I didn't know I holded back. I wish I had my own room here.

I went downstairs and sat with Grandma who was watching some serial. She was soo involved in it that she didn't notice my presence.

It's already past midnight and I don't want to go inside that room. I'm sure he didn't have his dinner. I just sat on the sofa downstairs.

"What happened Anaya? Aren't you gonna sleep? It's already too late to be up" uncle said entering the house.

"It's just that I couldn't sleep so I came down. Seems like you had a long day today"