11

"Nihal we are getting late" I heard mom screaming. She came towards me and pulled the bedsheet away from my body.

"Ma please let me sleep. I couldn't sleep all night" i snuggled more into my pillow.

Someone pushed me away. "Ma what happened" I asked and looked at her to know why she pushed me away.

Oh shit what is she doing in my bed? I looked at mom who was as shocked as me. She coughed a bit and left the room trying to hide her smile.

"Ma wait it's not what you think"

"What are you doing on my bed? How did you get in here?" I asked her.

She started to panic and got off the bed being as confused as me. "You asked me to sleep here last night. Didn't you sleep on the couch?" She asked me in a slight voice.

Shit it was me!! Oh God I forgot about it but when did I get in here? I woke up then talked to mom and then slept. Where did I sleep? Oh I remember now. I just cleared my throat to break the silence.

"I'm sorry. It was a mistake. Forget all that happened today" she nodded her head continuously just like I did.

She quickly ran into the washroom and I just sat there trying to process what had happened.

"Umm actually mom asked us to get ready. We are going to a wedding so wear those clothes". I said pointing at the clothes still embarrassed. I quickly got up and quickly got ready before her. I can't face her, it's awkward.

I went down and my mom was still smiling and i know why. I just scratched my neck trying to look away when she looked at me.

"Why are you sweating nihal? It's soo cold here" dad asked.

"I don't know. It's just hot for me. Where's nani?" I tried diverting the topic.

"Did you sleep well last night. Are you sick again?" Dad asked and mom started laughing holding her stomach. Ahhhhhh I can't stay in this house anymore.

"What happened Nivea? What are you laughing about? I wanna laugh too. What's the joke about?" dadd stop asking questions.

"You wanna know?" Mom asked looking at me with a smug smile on her face.

"Actually ma I was thinking about buying you a new bag. You remember the one you asked dad last time. How about we go shopping this weekend" I kept diverting the topic and took her into the kitchen away from dad.

"Ma see what all you say today was a mistake. It happened by a mistake. Don't take it wrong okay. Ma stop smiling like that. Just forget about it. You didn't see anything today okay" I tried convincing her to which she just smiled patting my back.

"Don't worry, i won't tell anyone. You guys are married so it's normal to sleep together.... I guess" she said before leaving the room. I just fisted my hair trying to calm down.

*Her pov*
I took the clothes and got ready thinking about what happened today.
Stop thinking about it Anaya. Every time I think about it, my heart is beating like it's gonna pop out anytime soon.

I draped the saree and got ready. Something is wrong. Somthing is wrong with my wrist. It's covered with scars now. I can't go out like this. They will find out.

Nihal knocked on the door and asked me to be quick as we are getting late.
I slowly opened the door wearing a jacket on top of the saree.

"Can you please call aunty. I need some help" he nodded and went down. After that and aunty entered the room.

"What happened Anaya. Do you need something?" She asked.

"Actually the blouse doesn't fit me" I feel bad lying to her.