Twenty Eight. is my soul worth saving?

Start from the beginning

"It's okay." She whispered with teary eyes.

Everyone's faces down casted. Mia closed her eyes and slipped out a shaky breath. When Bob laid back from pain, she opened them again.

"There's a sofa in my office." Said Gabriel. "I know it's not much, but. . ."

Sasha looked at him over her shoulder. "Thank you." She responded with, not angry or yelling.

"I got him." Tyreese voiced and stood up.

Everyone stood up as he helped Bob off the floor. Rick moved forward in front of a still shocked Mia. "Mia, how are you doing?" He asked carefully.

Her eyes shifted to his face but that was the only reaction he got. There was no light in them from what Rick could see. She looked tired. It was hard to see.

"She's still in shock. She needs to rest." Said Maggie.

"Theres another sofa in the other room. It's the kids' room." Gabriel told them, pointing to the room on the right.

Carl opened his mouth to say something but he closed it again when Glenn and Maggie stood. She carefully helped Mia stand up and the married couple led her to the room. She didn't glance back once. Carl's wiped his sweaty hands on his flannel and then dragged them down his face, making them sweaty again.

Rick put his hand on his back. "Hey, she's gonna be okay."

"I should've went with her. I should've went with her." He repeated until his eyes filled with tears.

"Carl, this isn't your fault. None of us could've known—"

"But I knew. I knew she went out there and I didn't go with her!" Carl exclaimed quietly while pointing at himself. His face was bright red. "If something happened to her—"

Again, Rick stopped him. "Nothing happened to her. She's here with us. She's okay." It went silent and he studied his son's face. "I understand, okay? Completely. Just give her some time."

Car swallowed a large lump in his throat. He eyed the door of the room that they took Mia to and he had to plant his feet not go in. His dad was right. She'd just went through something traumatic. She needed space. When Judith began to cry, he quickly went and picked her up in the basket. "Shh, shh, shh." He softly spoke.

Mia lied horizontally on the soft with her legs curled up. She had her fingers close to her mouth, touching her lips, and she remained spaced out. Glenn sat by her feet. Maggie was crouched in front of her. "Mia, sweetheart, please talk to me."

On the inside, Mia wanted to break down and cry. She wanted to scream and thrash around like a kid. But she couldn't. She felt like she had nothing left in her to react. It was hard to express how she was feeling.

When Glenn realized she wasn't going to speak, he looked at his wife. "Maybe we should let her rest."

Maggie didn't want to leave her side. But in that moment, she knew he was right. "Yeah." She whispered. She put her hand over Mia's and held it there for a minute. She stood and walked out of the room with Glenn, closing the door gently behind her.

Mia brought her thumb to her lips and chewed on the skin around it. She felt her face become fuzzy and tears threatened to spill, but she just couldn't cry. She closed her eyes and prayed to fall asleep fast.

Hours passed by and Mia was still awake. She couldn't close her eyes without seeing Gareth ear Bob's leg. She couldn't shake off the fear that it could've been her next. She bit into her wrist to feel anything other than fear but it consumed her. The silence around her pricked her skin like needles. She wanted it to be over. She wanted everything to be over.