I see the first real smile forming on his face for a long time, and that makes me happy.

"Yes please!" he excitedly says.

"Take a shower and get ready for bed, I'll be there in 20 minutes." I hug him and he runs to his room.

I see Dad has a faraway look in his eyes.

"Um Dad, while we are tiki touring around the country, it would be the perfect opportunity to go to your Mum's old pack as well." I know that it is a lifelong dream of his, to find the rest of his family. That is why he is so determined to help me find my family.

He breaks out of his thoughts to look at me. "Did you just read my mind, Sapphire?" He says while tilting his head at me.

"No Dad, I just know you so well." I chuckle at him. I know how much it would mean to him to get closure as well. He doesn't know anything about his Mum's side of the family, only that she refused to go back to her old pack, and every time he would mention it to his mom or Cindy, they both would get angry and say no. "let old wolf rest in peace" whatever that means.

I have a very quick shower, throw on my pajamas and dressing gown, and head to Dean's room.

"That was fast." He is already in bed with his book on his lap waiting for me. I can sense how excited he is.

I smile at his cute face and sit on his bed open the page from where we left off and start to read the story to him.

Within 10 minutes he is asleep, I tuck him in, put the book on his bedside table, and kiss his forehead. "Love you buddy." I head to the door, turn the light off, and close the door.

I head to my bedroom and get into bed. I am so nervous and couldn't sleep tonight, not knowing what our Alpha has found out.

My best friends, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, and their mates, and kids are the only ones who know Travis is not my real dad.

I remember Donna suggesting once as a joke when I was complaining that mum wouldn't tell me anything about my other family that I should try and communicate with my birth father through mind-link.

Humans have religions and superstitions to explain things out of their control and, as a way to stay connected to loved ones. Sending prayers would be an example of this. Werewolves also have things like this. One of them is the belief that family members can communicate over long distances. Even out-of-pack boundaries. It stems from a fairytale of a pirate werewolf who left his mate behind to travel the seas. One night he gets captured and he cries out for his mate. She somehow can hear him and comes to rescue him. They become a famous pirate duo.

In modern times some werewolves still believe this to be true, while others are more skeptical. It is seen as more of a fairytale than a historical fact.

We all laughed at the idea at the time. I have tried in the past and had no luck. I don't know anything about him or his name. I wish I knew his name, it might work then. I have talked to Dad about this on multiple occasions. He has encouraged me to keep trying with the mind link. Five years later, the only thing that happens, is I get headaches. I wonder if it will work with my twin brother.

While I am lying in bed, I clear my head and relax my whole body. I start with my head and then work my way down to my fingers and then to my toes.

I am hoping that because we are twins it will work even though I don't know his name.

"Brother," I call in my mind and try and reach out to him. I keep saying brother envisioning my aura projecting out to him.

"Brother," I call again, I keep going and quickly look at the clock, I have been trying to do this for two hours now. Calm down sapphire and try again I tell myself.

"Brother."

"Who is this!?" an angry and confused voice comes through

"Your twin sister," I excitedly replied.

"What... did you say?" He sounded skeptical, shocked, and happy all at the same time.

"I found out recently that I was taken at birth and I have a twin brother."

"Where are you?" He asks!

"The Rocks, where are you? What is your name and pack name? I will come to you". I rush out to talk to him, worried about how long the link will stay open.

"I'm at The Mo..." he starts to say and then the link is broken.

"NO!" I yell, angry that I nearly found him and lost the connection.

Dad comes running into my room, worried when I yell out.

"What happened? Are you OK Sapphire?"

"I communicated with my brother through the mind link."

"I asked him where he was, and all he could say is I'm at The Mo. He was saying his pack name when the link was broken." I cry out hysterically on his shoulder. Dad hugs me tight, making me feel secure.

I could not control myself. I cried on his chest and made his shirt wet with my salty tears. This reminds me of my childhood, and my dad always being there for me.

"Mo? Wow, that is a start. I am so proud of you Sapphire. You did it. Get some sleep and try again another time. I love you."

"OK, Dad. love you too."