The players dispersed, with Tang Ning and Lin Yun moving together to check out their accommodations for the night. They found themselves in adjacent rooms that were modest in size, each furnished with a wardrobe, mirror, bedside table, and a narrow bed, nothing out of the ordinary.

After giving them some precautions, the boatman returned to his own room, which appeared to be the main house, larger and shared with his wife. Standing in the center of the courtyard, Tang Ning looked around and noticed a room with its doors and windows tightly closed, in front of which a bowl of fish soup and a bowl of white rice were placed.

"We should now go check out the situation near the bridge," Lin Yun whispered as he approached.

Tang Ning instinctively wanted to respond affirmatively but quickly remembered that he couldn't speak in this scenario. He frowned and nodded.

Being unable to speak was indeed troublesome. Tang Ning took out his phone and earnestly typed on the memo: "Is there any tape here? I want to tape my mouth so I won't accidentally speak. My skill allows me to exchange a day of silence for a chance to sing, and monsters won't attack me while I'm singing."

The card he drew seemed quite useful, at least better than having nothing. However, it was uncertain how the singing would work and whether he could sing indefinitely.

Lin Yun was momentarily taken aback upon reading the content on Tang Ning's memo, involuntarily glancing at Tang Ning's lips, he almost instinctively said, "Your skin isn't suited for tape; it will leave a red mark."

Tang Ning glanced at Lin Yun with a somewhat exasperated expression and typed: "What's more important, my life or a red mark?"

Lin Yun responded, "But still, you really can't sing if you encounter a monster."

Thinking it over, Tang Ning decided that he would remind himself not to speak at every moment from then on.

With that thought, Tang Ning's lips pressed together even more firmly.

Seeing Tang Ning's stern little face, Lin Yun suddenly became curious about what it would be like to hear him sing.

Tang Ning poked Lin Yun, slightly tilting his chin up as a signal for them to get going.

On their way to the riverside, they saw other players and many NPCs heading in that direction. The townspeople varied in age, with the older generation even using walking sticks to move. When their children or grandchildren tried to support them, they were angrily swatted away.

It seemed like every household that could send someone had done so. However, the boatman who had welcomed them appeared to have shut his doors and was not coming out.

Reaching the bank, Tang Ning saw many people gathered around an old Taoist priest. Having had bad experiences with Taoist priests before, Tang Ning instinctively felt prejudiced against the sight.

The old Taoist priest, with his youthful appearance despite his white hair, stood calmly in front of a corpse, speaking to a middle-aged man. Tang Ning was too far away to hear what the old Taoist was saying clearly, but judging by the serious and slightly shaking head of the middle-aged man beside him, it was likely not good news.

The townspeople gathered at the riverside were abuzz with discussion. An elderly person, tapping his walking stick, exclaimed, "I told you not to blow up the bridge! Not to blow up the bridge! Ah! But you had to blow it up!!!"

Someone younger in the crowd murmured, "But they found a body that's been dead for a long time. There are so many people in this world, where hasn't someone died?"

"Shh, keep your voice down."

The caution came too late, as the elderly man became so upset he started coughing, his trembling hand pointing at the young people around him, "The town has aged, I have aged, and now you young ones are spreading your wings, good, good!" After saying this, the old man staggered back towards home.