Chapter Thirty Nine (Alex/Rian)

The reception hall buzzed with joy as Zack and Alex twirled on the dance floor, surrounded by friends and family. The rhythmic beat of music filled the air, echoing the happiness radiating from the newlyweds.

Congratulations and warm hugs poured in from every corner of the room as guests approached, sharing laughter and heartfelt wishes. Zack and Alex's smiles mirrored the glow of the dance floor, capturing the essence of their love and the celebration of their union.

As the night unfolded, friends shared anecdotes and toasted to the couple's happiness. The room echoed with the clinking of glasses and the sweet melodies of laughter.

Amidst the celebration, Rian and Jack approached the beaming couple, offering their sincerest congratulations. "We're thrilled for you both," Rian exclaimed, clasping Zack's hand. "May your journey together be as beautiful as this day."

Jack added, "And don't worry, we'll take good care of Munchkin while you're away. You can count on us."

Zack and Alex, touched by the gesture, expressed their gratitude. "Thank you so much," Alex said, her eyes reflecting genuine appreciation. "Munchkin will be in good hands with you two."

As the night drew to a close, the couple bid farewell to their guests and made their way to the waiting limo. The sleek vehicle awaited them, adorned with well-wishes and decorations. Surrounded by the love of those they held dear, Zack and Alex departed for the airport, beginning their journey into the adventure of married life.

The hall, now a bit quieter, held the lingering warmth of the celebration. Rian and Jack, true to their promise, set out to care for Munchkin, and wrap up the reception in their absence. The promise of friendship and support extended beyond the festivities, anchoring the bond that had been celebrated that evening. Jack and Rian really love their best friends like brothers. And would do anything for them, including letting them go on their honeymoon in peace.

———————

Later that evening, Jack and Rian used their spare key to get into the Gaskarth-Merrick household. Rian wanted them to come get munchkin tonight that way they could sleep in tomorrow, but the wedding exhausted them both.

"Fuck I am exhausted and it wasn't even our wedding." Jack said as he collapsed on the couch for a moment.

"Not our wedding yet." Rian corrected.

Jack smiled as he closed his eyes, relaxing on the couch. "Right.... Yet."

"Baby. We are here to get munchkin gathered and go home." Rian said as he leaned over the back of the couch and gently kissed Jack's forehead.

"I know just give me a minute." Jack said with a sigh.

Rian shook his head at how adorable Jack is. "Ok, I am going to get some food and such packed for her and get her litter box changed and packed."

Jack nodded. Half asleep in his tuxedo on the couch. "Ok baby."

Rian walked into Zack and Alex's spare bedroom, where the litter box and general Munchkin supplies where, and after not finding her in here, he went to Zack and Alex's room.

Rian walked in and went to Alex's dresser. Opening the top drawer. Alex's sock drawer. Where he knew the ring box he has been hiding from Jack was. He had asked Alex to hold onto it months ago. And Alex told Rian where he put it... In case he ever wanted to grab it. Rian picked it up, opened it and looked at the gold band inside.

Rian sat on the perfectly made bed, where Munchlin was curled up in a ball. He reached over and stroked the orange tabby cat lightly.

"Should I propose to Jack munch? Your Dads wedding really brought it home for me how much I wanted to marry him. I don't know if I wanna wait any longer. Should I do it tonight... we have some alone time and it's quiet..."