Chapter Twenty Four (Jack)

Zack's words echoed in Jack's mind, reminding him of the promise he had made to himself. With a heavy sigh, Jack walked up to his bedroom shaking the sleeping man awake softly

When Rian opened his eyes, Jack hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to begin. But as he listened to Rian's voice "morning" he whispered

"Rian, there's something I need to tell you," Jack began, his voice steady despite the turmoil raging within him. "I've been keeping something from you, something important, and I can't keep it hidden any longer."

Jack sighed as he looked at Rian "I like you, like a lot" Jack explained "I liked you when we first met at work.. I avoided you at first because I didn't want to embarrass myself, then the person I was paired with to help train me quit and I was put with you, for you to train me and I swear- everyday I would go home and drink- just to numb my brain" he explained "I kept falling for you, the way you smile, you laugh you light up the room" Jack whispered. "Jesus Christ, I love you, Rian. I've tried to fight it, deny it, even convince myself that it wasn't real. But it is. I can't shake this feeling, and it's eating me up inside to keep it hidden from you."

Jack paused, trying to gauge Rian's reaction. His heart was pounding in his chest, and he felt like he was standing on the edge of a precipice, unsure if he would fall or find solid ground beneath him.

Rian's eyes widened in surprise, a mixture of emotions crossing his face. He had never expected Jack to confess something like this, and it caught him completely off guard. He had always considered Jack a friend, a colleague he respected and enjoyed spending time with, but he had never imagined that Jack harbored such deep feelings for him.

As Jack's words sank in, Rian found himself grappling with his own emotions. He felt a flutter of something familiar in his chest, a warmth that spread through him despite the shock of Jack's confession. He had looked at Jack in that way before, but he never thought it would come true, that Jack would admit it.

"Jack, I... Come here you doofus" Rian said as he grabbed Jack by the chin, pulling him closer, kissing him deeply, "I like you too you idiot" Rian muttered "maybe not for as long as you have, but I like you too" he said "so please get back under the covers because you were keeping me warm" Rian said letting go of Jack's chin, pulling him into his chest again before adjusting the covers over them both.

Jack's heart soared as Rian's lips met his, a rush of relief and joy flooding through him at Rian's unexpected response. He melted into the kiss, the tension and uncertainty melting away as he wrapped his arms around Rian, pulling him close.

The warmth of Rian's embrace enveloped Jack, calming the storm of emotions that had been raging inside him. He buried his face in Rian's chest, breathing in the familiar scent of his cologne mingled with the warmth of their shared intimacy.

"I can't believe this is happening," Jack whispered, his voice filled with wonder and disbelief. "I've dreamed of this moment for so long, but I never thought it would actually come true."

Rian chuckled softly, the sound sending shivers down Jack's spine. "Believe it, Jack," he murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to Jack's forehead. "I've wanted this too, more than I realized until now." Rian paused "how did you not see this coming? We've kissed a few times already" Rian chuckles

They lay there in silence for a moment, basking in the warmth of each other's embrace, content to simply revel in the newfound intimacy between them. Jack felt a sense of peace wash over him, a feeling of completeness that he had never experienced before.

——-
Jack pulled away from Rians kiss as his phone started to ring loudly from the bedside side table, checking the caller ID quietly before answering "yes Zack?" He asked softly.