Chapter Thirty(Rian/Alex)

Rian was riding his bike, leaving Alex and Zack's place. Before he left, he made sure his best friend was ok. Zack reassured Rian he will take care of him, but Zack promised to call if he needs a nurse.

As he left, Zack handed Rian his spare key to Jack's place. "Go check on him. He will want to cuddle and have his boyfriend with him." Rian was going to protest that he didn't really know if they were boyfriends yet, just saying bunting didn't see the point. Deciding that Jack is his boyfriend. Fuck it!

On his way he stopped at the store, and grabbed a couple Gatorade's, and a few cans of chicken noodle soup. He wanted to nurse his boy back to health.Once he arrived, he set the materials he bought down in the kitchen. He pulled out his phone and called the hospital, calling him and Jack out sick. He was met with a bit of resistance, but with Jack (and Rian.... Allegedly...)vomiting it was unsafe for them to be around patients in the ER.

Rian went sat beside Jack's bed. Jack groaned, clutching his stomach, a victim to a nasty stomach flu that had taken him by surprise. The same one affecting Alex on the other side of town. Rian ran his fingers soothingly through Jack's hair as he groaned in pain in bed.

"Hey baby.I think I am going to puke" Jack croaked out. Rian sprung into action, running to Jack's kitchen to get a giant mixing bowl. After searching, he finally found one, and ran back to Jack's bedroom. Rian held it steady while Jack vomited. The sound was unpleasant, but Rian stayed by his side, rubbing soothing circles on Jack's back. Once the ordeal was over, Rian ran to the en-suite bathroom, and dampened a cloth and gently wiped Jack's face, offering a soft smile.

Rian looked in the bowl and saw mostly water and bile. This told Rian had no food left in his system...His nurses instincts and training making the vomit nothing new for him. Rian has been puked on plenty of times at the hospital. "Hey baby... Feeling any better? After throwing up? Rian asked, concern etched across his face.

Jack managed a weak nod, and Rian decided it was time for some extra care. He excused himself briefly, returning with a bottle of Gatorade and a bathrobe.

"Here babe, I thought a hot bath might help you relax," Rian suggested, as he helped Jack out of bed. Grabbing the pile bucket just in case. Jack sat in the closed toilet as Rian finished setting up the bathroom.

Jack could barely keep himself upright, as he was struggling with a lack of energy, the coloring draining him. As the tub filled with warm water, Rian helped Jack undress, his touch gentle and caring. Rian helped Jack into the bath, and Jack slid down into the hot water with a grateful hum.

Jack looked up at Rian with grateful eyes, Rian gently removed an eyelash from Jack's cheek. Rian stood to give Jack some privacy.

Jack grabbed Rian's wrist gently, and he spoke up. "Stay with me, in fact, will you join me?" Jack pleaded, a vulnerability in his voice.

Rian hesitated for a moment, as they haven't been this intimate before, but Rian figured in his sick state Jack would barely remember anyway, so he nodded, and he undressed, joining Jack in the bath. The warmth of the water enveloped them both. Jack settled between Rian's legs in the bath. "This is really nice. You certainly know how to make a boy feel better." Jack said as he sighed, content.

The content feeling was brief as Jack leaned over the edge of the tub and vomited into the bowl. Rian waited patiently, and then Jack collapsed against Rian's bare chest in the tub. Rian gently washed away the sweat and fatigue from Jack's face and body. The atmosphere shifted from mere care to something more intimate and tender.

The intimate scene created a cocoon of privacy for Rian and Jack. The simple act of caring for one another became a silent declaration of their connection, a bond that went beyond the duties of friendship.

"Love you Rian." Jack said out loud.

"Love you Jack." Rian said quietly kissing Jack's forehead.

The simple act of caring for one another became a silent declaration of their connection, a bond that went beyond the duties of any relationship. As Rian continued to support Jack through the night, it became clear that their relationship had deepened, forged in the vulnerability of illness and the warmth of shared care.

—————————————————————

On the other side of town Alex and Zack found themselves in a similar situation.

Alex and Zack's bedroom was filled with the echo of Alex's strained breaths as he lay in bed, weakened by illness. Zack, ever the caring partner, had been there through it all – holding the bucket, providing comfort, and cleaning up after each bout of vomiting. After a particularly draining episode, Alex collapsed into bed, feeling exhausted and vulnerable.

"Baby I am so tired. I am tired of throwing everything up." Alex whined, genuinely so exhausted from this stomach flu he was fighting.

"Oh my love. Let's get you comfortable so you can sleep. You have luckily puked into the bucket every time so we don't need to change the sheets." Zack said sweetly, adjusting pillows and tucking Alex in under the covers.

Alex snuggled under the warmth. Pulling one of Zack's teddy bears close to his chest.

Suddenly munchkin jumped up on to the bed, after she pawed her way in from the slightly ajar bedroom door.

"Oh hi baby girl... wanna come snuggle?" Alex asked sweetly as his cat crawled under the blankets and curled up under the covers down by Alex's waist.

Alex's eyes started feeling heavy, he was comfy and warm, he felt Zack stroking his hair, as Zack sat observing Alex from their bedroom floor. Making sure he was by the bucket in case Alex needed it again. "I don't deserve you. You always take such good care of me." Alex slurred out in his sleepy state.

Zack leaned down and kissed Alex's sweaty forehead. "And I always will babe."

The room carried the scent of sickness, but the care provided a comforting undertone. As Alex drifted into a restless sleep, Zack decided to unwind a bit. Shirtless, he sat cross-legged on the bedroom floor, cradling a guitar in his hands. The soft strumming and Zack's gentle voice filled the room as he sang songs, a melody that seemed to weave a protective cocoon around Alex.

Unbeknownst to Zack, Alex stirred from his slumber, opening his eyes to a sight that filled his heart with adoration. The dim light accentuated the contours of Zack's figure as he lost himself in the music. Alex watched in silent admiration, absorbing the intimate moment. Alex was so in love with Zack, something simple like him strumming the guitar in the floor made his heart flutter.

When Zack finished a song, he looked up, catching Alex's eyes. Startled, Zack smiled, not realizing Alex had been awake.

"Hey baby, you feel any better after your nap?" Zack said, concerned,setting the guitar to the side.

Alex weakly spoke, "I love you. I would love to wake up to that view every morning." the words carrying a depth of emotion that went beyond the confines of their current situation.

Zack laughed lightly, touched by the unexpected declaration, responded with a warm smile. "I love you too, Alex."

A small smile played on Alex's lips as he admitted, "I just want to cuddle and fall asleep with you holding me."

Zack nodded, and climbed in next to Alex in bed. He wrapped his arms around Alex, offering comfort and warmth. As they settled into the embrace, the room filled with the quiet melody of Zack's heartbeat, a symphony of care and love, and munchkin gentle purring, that provided solace in the midst of sickness.