Chapter Fourteen(Jack)

Jack looked at Alex with a raised eyebrow before making his way directly to Zack's bedroom without a word, when he walked in he was greeted with Zack clinging to two teddy's, the one he got him and the sky blue teddy Alex won him.

"Zack?" Jack asked as he walked over to Zack "he didn't mean to- he didn't know" Jack said sitting besides Jack.

Zack shakes his head, his full body shaking as he clings to the larger stuffed teddy Jack got him. "H-he said I talked too much" Zack whimpered "I-I-I can't help it" he whispered.

Zack's heart was racing out of his chest, making wild and involuntary jumps out of his skin, each time it felt like he was being strangled, choking for a breath mof air.

Jack wrapped his arms around Zack, holding him close and offering silent comfort. "You don't have to apologize for being yourself, Zack," Jack murmured softly. "You're allowed to express yourself however you need to. And Alex didn't mean to hurt you; sometimes, people don't realize the impact of their words."

Zack buried his face in the soft fabric of the teddy bear, clinging to it as if it were an anchor in the storm of his emotions. "But it still hurts," he whispered hoarsely, tears staining the plush fur. "I just... I feel like I'm too much for everyone, like I'll never be enough."

Jack held Zack tighter, his heart aching for his friend's pain. "You're not too much, Zack," he said firmly. "You're perfect just the way you are. And anyone who can't see that doesn't deserve to be in your life." He pressed a gentle kiss to the top of Zack's head.

"The irrational thoughts are saying that he's purposely withdrawing affection" he sobbed

"Hey look at me" Jack said, lifting Zack's chin to force him to make some form of eye contact.

Zack's eyes fixated on the centre of Jack's nose, every so often flicking towards the door, anxious Alex would see him in this vulnerable state.

"He's not Chelsea okay, he's sweet loving and kind, I can already tell he's so much better than Chelsea" Jack whispered "he loves you for you, he loves how open you are that you don't care about showing your true authentic life.

Zack tears up stuffing his head in Jack's jacket sobbing quietly in the warm jacket that smelt like home to Zack, a sense he'd grown used to attached to, a comfort to his day to day life.

"Jacky you smell different" Zack mumbled "like you smell like usual lavender and mint but with a bit of pinewood or something" Zack explained biting his lip to stop himself from rambling about his thoughts and feelings.

Jack blushes a deep shade of red, he wasn't expecting Zack to pick up on the change of scent immediately, yet here he was. "Oh? I don't know why" he replied

Zack cuddles Jack sniffling softly "did you have a one night stand?" Zack asked teasingly.

"No Zack, I didn't have a one night stand" Jack replied chuckling softly, happy to see Zack was still a bit of a tease and playful. "Now, I can't have you withdrawing and masking your ADHD" Jack said.

Zack raised an eyebrow at his friend "A) not masking, B) you're deflecting my question, tell meeee" Zack whined like a little child wanting to know more about his friends night.

"Zack nothing happened" Jack grumbled

"But-I know you went out with work colleagues, I can message Rian to see if he knows who you went home with" Zack bribed, poking Jack's side like an annoying toddler.

"No!" Jack exclaimed a little louder than he meant to. "No Zack don't do that"

Zack raised a brow. "Oh. Is there something you need to tell me?"

Jack blushed. "Ok, but you aren't allowed to judge me."

Zack smirked. "What's their name?"

Jack rolled his eyes. "Rian was drunk so I made sure he got home safe , and then we fell asleep in his bed,just sleeping. I took of our shirts to be comfortable, and I must of grabbed rian's instead of mine."

Zack giggled. "So you smell like Rian. That makes sense. I knew it was familiar."

Jack blushed. "I am not going to lie... waking up with Rian, since it has become a weird habit by that, I mean it happen more than once, I have to say I think I'm not opposed to waking up to him."

Zack smiled. "Oh. How cute!"

Jack waived it off. "Another issue for a different day. You should also know, Alex texted Rian this morning. Alex was trying to tell you he thinks it's adorable when you talk too much but you didn't let him finish the sentence."

Zack's face dropped. "Oh no. Poor Alex is probably sitting out there worried sick."

Jack smiled. "Go talk to him. I'll be here if you need me."

Zack smiled. "Thanks Jacky. You are the best."