Chapter Twenty One(Rian)

The atmosphere in Rian's living room had been relaxed, laughter filling the air as he, Alex, Zack, and Jack hung out casually. Despite the past, they managed to mend fences, and Rian believed he found something real with Chelsea. He was a bit hesitant, though, after what Alex, Zack and Jack said. But besides that, he couldn't help himself, he was falling in love with her. Rian hung out with his friends apart from Chelsea, but she was coming over later that day.Little did he know, a storm was brewing on the horizon.

Rian and Chelsea sat on the couch, enjoying a lazy afternoon. The mood shifted when Rian accidentally spilled a glass of water on her. He quickly apologized, but instead of a simple reaction, Chelsea exploded.

Chelsea violently turned her head to him as she sprung up... wiping at her wet shirt. Are you kidding me, Rian? You're so clumsy, utterly useless!

Rian narrowed his eyes at her. "Chelsea, baby... I said I was sorry, it was just an accident.

Chelsea glared at Rian. Making Rian immediately feel defensive. "Accident or not, you ruin everything! I can't stand how useless you are!"

Rian, feeling the sting of her words, decided to stand up for himself. "I won't tolerate being spoken to like this, Chelsea. It was a mistake that I spilt the glass. And you better quit while you're ahead before you prove my friends right. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt despite Jack, Zack, and Alex's warning."

But before he could say more, her anger escalated. Chelsea's scream pierced the room as she delivered a sharp slap across Rian's face.

Rian, in disbelief, touched his stinging cheek. "That's it. Get the fuck out. We're done."

Chelsea scowled at Rian. "What? You can't be serious? People don't break up with me I break up with them!"

Rian laughed coldly. " Well get used to it! I've had enough. I won't let anyone treat me like this. Get out of my house."

The room fell silent as Chelsea, realizing the severity of her actions, left in a huff. Rian stood there, grappling with the shock of what just transpired.

In order to make himself feel better, Rian decided to send a text message to the one person who he actually wanted to see right now.

Rian: Hey Jack... I just broke up with Chelsea, you all were right. She showed me her true colors today. Can I come over or can you come over here? I really wanna see you...🥺🥺

Jack responded almost immediately. What Rian didn't know is that Jack was definitely still harboring feelings for Rian. The crush that Jack had on Rian never went away despite him dating Chelsea. In fact, Jack would argue his crush on Rian got stronger once he started dating Chelsea. Because Jack was flooded by pure jealousy, and an overwhelming sense of wanting to protect Rian. Knowing that Chelsea was capable of the things she was. Jack was the only person not afraid of her.

Jack: I can come to you. Is this an ice cream sort of situation? Or is it it some alcohol type situation? Either way I could bring both or one or the other. You just let me know. 😎😎I'm sorry if she acted the way I think she did. You didn't deserve that.

Rian: Definitely an alcohol one. And I don't care what you bring as long as you are here. Miss our 1 on 1 time.

It was the truth. Rian missed Jack. He was blinded and gaslight by Chelsea. Now that he was no longer under her spell he really wanted to get back to getting to know Jack. His plan to use Chelsea to get rid of his feelings for Jack backfired.

Jack: Ok Ri. See you soon🥰

Rian tidied up his apartment a bit while he waited for Jack. He called Alex and put in speakerphone on his counter while he micro-obsessively cleaned his sink and counters.