Volume 4 The Truth about 'Her'

Jaune: And you... (Points at Y/N)

Jaune: How the hell are you alive? Why are you alive but not her?

Y/N slowly stands up as Jaune went over to him.

"I don't remember much--"

Jaune punches Y/N the face.

Ruby: Jaune!

Jaune: You said, you would save her... I believed in you! Yet you failed, I thought you Persona users wouldn't fail. And don't give me that bullcrap about not remembering!

"Whatever happened, at least I tried."

Jaune picks Y/N up by his coat.

Jaune: Well you sure didn't try hard enough.

Jaune shoves Y/N to the log as Ruby sits by his side to help him. Jaune walks off in anger. After things calmed down, Ruby then asks a question.

Ruby: That guy... Tyrian... why was he after me?

Qrow: (Sighs) Well... you and now Y/N painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you both having silver eyes is a rare trait and the fact you, Ruby, you're someone that was able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about silver eyes, but those who do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you. Wanted to make sure you were safe. All of you.

Ruby: Well then why not just travel with us? It seems they would be easier--

Jaune: He was using you as bait.

"Not now, Jaune."

Qrow: Look... I wouldn't put it like that. It's... comcatied. Besides Y/N was there to help you with Tyrian.

Jaune: What is all of this? Ruby is being hunted! Y/N is somehow alive, just in a new body! The schools are being attacked! The Persona Users are All Dead! All for what?! What is the point of all of this? Will you just tell us what's going on?!

Qrow: Would you sit down? You're stressing me out, kid.

Jaune does so as Y/N looks down as Ruby gets a grip on his hand. Holding it tightly.

Qrow: Not many people are super religious these days... This world has been around for a long time. Long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin... three of them are actually real. The first three were brothers... the older sibling, the God of light, found joy in creating forces of life. Meanwhile, the younger brother, the God of Darkness, spent his time creating forces of destruction. As you can imagine, they both had pretty different ideas how things should go. The older one would spend his days creating water, plants, wildlife... and at night his brother would wake to see all the things the elder had made and become disgusted. To counteract his brother's creations, the God of darkness brought drought, fire, famine, all he could to rid Remnant of life... but life always returned. So one night, the younger brother went out and made something... something that shared his innate desire to destroy anything and everything...

Ruby: The creatures of Grimm.

Qrow: You guessed it. The older brother finally had enough. Knowing that their feud couldn't last like this forever, he proposed that they make one final creation, together. Something they could both be proud of. Their masterpiece. Younger brother agreed. This last great creation would be given the power to create and destroy. It would be given the gift of knowledge, so it can learn about itself and the world around it. And most importantly, it would be given the power to choose, to have freewill, to take everything it learned and decid which path it followed. The path of light, or the path of darkness. And that, is how humanity came to be.