Chapter 110- Unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Where's he going?" Yumiko asks. 

"Daryl, stop." Tara says. 

"Dude, we should probably talk about this." Cato quietly calls down from the watch post.

"Does she have Alden and Luke?" Enid asks me as I follow behind Daryl. 

"We don't know yet." I reply. 

"What does she want?" Henry asks Daryl. Daryl doesn't reply, he just continues to Lydia's cell. Henry quickly follows after him, "No, Daryl we-we can't do that." 

"She ain't gettin' her." Daryl says without turning around.

What.

"Then what are you doing?" Henry asks. 

"She's done talkin'. I'm not." He says, standing in front of the gates. He tells the people at the gates to open them, to which they comply. 

"Woah, hold on, Daryl." I whisper-yell to him, though, he pays no mind. "God damn it." I whisper, running back up to the watch post. I can feel my heart thumping in my throat, almost like my heart is in there, not between my ribs. 

"The hell's he doing?" Magna asks as I get up on the platform. 

"He's talkin' to her." I grunt in frustration. 

"What?" Tara gasps. 

I don't respond, I just grip the walls until my knuckles turn white, my eyes not leaving Alpha as she stands her ground in front of the wooden gate, blocking her from Daryl. As he approaches the gate, I clench my jaw hard enough that I can feel my teeth grind. 

We can't hear the conversation they're having, though, we can hear the distant cries of a baby. "What the hell?" Damien whispers. 

"Oh shit." Cato gapes, pointing secretly to one of the skins bring two kidnappees with Walker masks on their faces a few feet behind Alpha. When Alpha turns to them, they rip the masks off, revealing Alden and Luke with cloths tied around their mouths as gags, and hold knives to their throats. I can hear a few people next to me hold their breath and my hands grip the walls so tight I can feel it begin to break skin. 

"I'm not waiting for this." Tara says, turning around and walking off the platform. "I'm coming with." Yumiko says, following her. Magna, without saying anything, follows them as well. Leaving, Cato, Damien, Kelly, and I on the platform. 

"Know what the plan is, chief?" Cato whispers. 

I shake my head, "We better be givin' that damn girl back. She ain't our problem, Daryl needs to stop playin' daddy-to-the-rescue." 

Seemingly without another word, Daryl turns around and walks back into the walls of Hilltop, allowing my body to relax ever so slightly. I remove my hands from the walls and glance at my palms, there are two slits on each of my palms about one layer deep; not enough to draw blood but enough to sting. Damien notices and raises an eyebrow at me, I just roll my eyes and turn back to the group in front of us.

What the hell is happening right now? I mean- there are people with Walker masks standing at Hilltop's gates, there's a baby among them, Alden and Luke are kidnapped by them, and we have a teenager in our cell. My senses quickly somehow kick in stronger as I see a group of Walkers slowly approaching the group in front of our walls. 

I hear a whistle from below and look down and see Magna, "Girl's gone." 

"What?!" I exclaim, rage filling my body. I know exactly who hid her- fucking Henry. I turn back to Damien, Cato, and Kelly and say "Damien, stay up here with Kelly. Cato, help look, c'mon!" Cato and I practically leap off of the platform and watch as Yumiko, Tara, Daryl, and Magna split up to find Lydia.