𝟐𝟓. 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩

𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐚

𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐚

As Reyaansh got up from the bed, I began tidying up the room, ensuring a semblance of order after the unexpected morning rendezvous.

My hands moved methodically, arranging clothes and picking up the scattered remnants of our shared moments.

Lost in the mundane yet comforting routine, I was oblivious to Reyaansh emerging from the bathroom.

When I finally looked up, my reflection in the mirror inadvertently captured a sight that left me momentarily transfixed. There he stood, wearing only a towel that loosely covered his lower half, his upper body on unabashed display.

The play of water droplets on his skin hinted at a recent shower, adding an unexpected allure to the scene.

I couldn't help but shamelessly gawk at him from the mirror, a hint of a smile playing on my lips. It was a sight I had seen countless times, yet each time felt like the first. The innate magnetism of our relationship was such that even the most ordinary moments took on a heightened significance.

As our eyes met in the mirror, I quickly averted my gaze, feigning innocence. Reyaansh, however, caught the unspoken admiration, and with a smirk, he uttered,

"Tumhara hi hu, jitna dekhna hai, dekh lo!" The playful arrogance in his voice drew a laugh from me, a shared understanding of the dynamics that defined our relationship.

(I am only yours, you can look all you want!)

Before I could respond, he approached me with deliberate steps, his presence commanding attention. Taking sindoor from the dressing table, he filled the parting of my hair with a tenderness that spoke of a deeper connection.

"Aira, tumhari khoobsurti mein hi meri jeene ki wajah chupi hai," he said, his words resonating with a sincerity that melted my heart.

(Aira, my reason for living is hidden in your beauty.)

As Reyaansh and I descended the stairs, the lively chatter of our extended family caught our attention. To our surprise, Veer, Viraj, Sarah, and Ishu-my brother-in-law and sisters-in-law-were embroiled in a spirited disagreement.

As we approached, it became evident that the source of their animated discussion was none other than our upcoming family trip, with the battleground being the choice of destination.

Reyaansh and I exchanged bemused glances, wondering how a simple decision could turn into a full-fledged verbal joust. Despite our arrival, the bickering continued, voices rising like a crescendo of chaos. Frustration etched across my face, I couldn't resist but intervene.

"CHUP!" I bellowed, my attempt to restore order echoing through the room.

Suddenly, a hush fell over the scene as all eyes turned towards me. Seizing the moment, I followed up with a playful yet commanding directive.