A cold, mechanical voice echoed in his mind:

【Ding—Game loading complete】

【You are an ordinary university student, on a short vacation, you and your friends decide to visit a mysterious ancient town.】

【This town, built around a river, has its own unique culture, with generations of residents living here. As tourists, you're ready to fully experience the local customs and folklore. After a seven-day break, you plan to leave the town.】

【Multiplayer Game: Vacation】

【Number of Players: 8】

【Difficulty: Level B】

【Main Mission: Survive! Stay alive for seven days!】

"Boom! Rumble——!!!" Another deafening explosion sounded.

Tang Ning, upon hearing the noise, looked over to see the ancient bridge still standing firmly above the water after the echoes of the explosion had dissipated, so sturdy that Tang Ning almost felt sorry for it.

"How are you? Still feeling dizzy?" Lin Yun asked with concern.

Tang Ning shook his head and took out his phone to type on the memo: "The card I drew this time prevents me from speaking. If I don't speak for a day, I get a chance to use a skill."

After reading the message, Lin Yun nodded.

The boat stopped at the shore, and Lin Yun helped Tang Ning disembark. They stood on the shore waiting for players from three other boats, a total of four men and four women, all in their twenties. Among the female players, Tang Ning spotted a somewhat familiar girl wearing a T-shirt with "les" printed on it. Her eyes looked a bit tired, with dark circles beneath them, and she had a lazy demeanor as she sized people up.

Her gaze fell on the spot next to Tang Ning's shadow.

The players gradually came ashore. Someone suggested forming a group chat, and everyone quickly joined, busily tapping on their phones. Tang Ning felt many eyes on him.

Fame brings scrutiny, and Tang Ning felt uneasy under their gazes. Without his shadow to accompany him in the game, he was the weakest link in the game world.

"Boom—!!!” The loud sound of the bridge exploding sounded again, drawing the players' attention. Tang Ning covered his ears and looked towards the ancient bridge; even after the smoke cleared, it remained standing as before.

After three explosions, the ancient bridge was still firmly in place.

The players spontaneously stopped and watched from the shore. The boatman chuckled, "Have you youngsters never seen a bridge being blown up? Well, neither have I. This bridge is several hundred years old, and I'm surprised how robust it still is!"

As the boatman spoke, another went up to plant the explosives. The players weren't just standing around either; several of them wandered by the riverbank. Tang Ning followed Lin Yun on their aimless stroll, coming up to where the women were washing clothes. They observed the group of women hurriedly collecting their laundry before the river water by the bank turned murky. While gathering their clothes, they chatted among themselves. Some lamented the money every household had contributed to the new bridge, their tone tinged with regret over the spent funds. Others saw it positively, saying, "Building a new bridge is great, a fresh start. It should be as grand as those stylish bridges, our town can't remain in its old ways."

Suddenly, one of the players squatted down, picking up a dry branch and started poking around in the waterweeds. Tang Ning saw the player use the branch to press down the waterweeds, revealing a red envelope surrounded by them.