33. Dowry

"Who are you?"  Doctor Allan asked angrily.  He was annoyed because he felt disturbed.

The tall, atletis man in front of him had a sloppy appearance.  Tan skin in jeans and a black leather jacket over a dark blue shirt that had at least three buttons open all the way down to his chest, an earring in his left ear and a tattoo peeking out from under the sleeves of the shirt and shoulder to his neck.  He also wears leather boots and sunglasses.

Doctor Alan wondered what this unscrupulous man had to do with the handsome Doctor Beam.

The man took off his glasses and smiled at Doctor Allan.  His face is very handsome and masculine.

"It seems Doctor Beam is not very interested in your invitation, doctor," said Forth.  "Besides, it looks like Doctor Beam already had a dinner appointment with me, before you asked."

Beam smiled.  "Yes, Doctor Allan. I can't accept your invitation because I have already made an appointment with Mr. Forth," he said, pointing at Forth.

Beam approached Forth and stood on tiptoe, kissing Forth's lips.  He heard Doctor Allan gasp.

Forth took Beam into his arms and kissed the tip of his nose.  "Hi, Baby. I missed you," he whispered.

Beam smiled.  His longing outweighed his annoyance that Forth had disappeared, so he didn't want to spoil the atmosphere.  Besides, there is still Doctor Allan here.

"You... Is this man your boyfriend, Doctor Beam?"  asked Doctor Allan confused.

He has been attracted to Beam since he first saw him at the initial pre-residency test, but his attention was diverted because of the case he had to face because of complaints from his ex-boyfriend, an intern doctor who made a fuss after they broke up.

He saw Beam again in the operating room today and was determined to go after him.  Beam is the type he really likes.  Handsome but also beautiful, intelligent, and comes from a rich family.

"No," said Beam quickly.  "He's my fiancé."

Beam's answer was even more surprising.  Why would Beam want to be engaged to a man like this, who from his appearance alone doesn't look right for him?

OK, the man is indeed handsome and dashing, but he is reckless and looks reckless.  They are in stark contrast and it doesn't seem good for Beam, who will soon become a respected doctor.

Doctor Allan's face turned sour.  He didn't believe that Beam and that sloppy man were engaged.  Beam must have just wanted to avoid him, because he had heard the rumors circulating in the hospital about him.

Doctor Allan cursed his ex-lover, a very demanding whiny man.  Luckily, he managed to convince his older brother that the fault lay with the third year resident, who then made a report to the police.

Professor Martin was finally able to defuse the heated situation and instead made a recommendation to the psychiatric ward that his ex-boyfriend was suffering from depression so his words could not be trusted.  However, the rumors had already spread and now many people were talking about him with suspicious eyes.

"Okay, Doctor Beam. This time I give in, but I hope next time we can chat more," said Doctor Allan while putting on a fake sweet smile.

Beam grabbed Forth's hand and quickly took him to his own car, next to Doctor Allan's car.

Beam waited tensely for Doctor Allan's car to leave and then threw himself onto the back of the chair in relief.

"Who is he, Baby?"  asked Forth who had been paying attention to Beam's attitude since earlier.

Beam briefly told about Doctor Allan.  He didn't want to discuss it too deeply because he thought it was just a small annoyance.

"Why don't you reply to my messages, Phi? Do you know how anxious I get? You did it on purpose, right? What were you doing that you didn't have time to reply to messages?"  Beam asked in a sharp tone, after finishing his story about Doctor Allan.

Forth sighed.  He knew Beam would ask about that.

"I have important things to do that really take up my time, Baby," said Forth softly.  "I didn't even have time to sleep and came straight here because I couldn't wait to tell you."

Beam just realized that Forth looked tired and lacked sleep, from his thick and dark eye bags.

Beam reached out and touched the corner of Forth's eye gently.  He felt guilty for being fierce towards Forth.

He shouldn't have to be a spoiled lover.  Forth is an entrepreneur who has big responsibilities.  He is busy and still makes time for Beam, even if only by telephone.

Moreover, after starting his internship, Beam was also busy and sometimes, when Forth asked for his time, he had to refuse because it conflicted with his schedule at the hospital.

Beam stretched out his arms and hugged Forth's neck.  "Sorry, I was annoying," whispered Beam embarrassed.

Forth hugged Beam while laughing.  "Hey, it's okay. I'm glad you were upset when I didn't contact you. That means you miss me, right?"

Beam nodded.  Forth grabbed Beam's chin and planted a kiss on his lips, slowly and gently.  They kissed intensely, letting go of their longing after not seeing each other for almost a week.

"Baby, let's go for a moment," said Forth after breaking the kiss.  He rubbed Beam's lower lip with his thumb and kissed Beam's forehead.  "I've prepared our dinner."

Beam nodded and fastened his seat belt, as did Forth.  They drove out of the parking lot, with Beam driving the car.

Forth pairs the address with the GPS and helps direct the Beam to its destination.

"Phi, this leads out of town," Beam said in surprise.  "I thought we were going to dinner?"

"Yes, indeed," answered Forth.  "We'll have dinner at a place I picked. It's a little out of town, but I hope you'll like the place."

"Oh, okay," answered Beam.

After driving for almost half an hour, they arrived in front of a sturdy teak wood gate.

Forth took the remote control from his jacket pocket and pressed it, making the gate open.

Behind the gate was a building, which made Beam's eyes widen.

"Phi, this... Restaurant?"  Beam asked confused.

Forth laughed.  "No. This is... a dowry. For you."

"W-what?"

"Let's get married, Beam."

***

Beam's dowry 🤗