18. Another Surprise

"Beam, are you okay?"  Enrique asked with concern. He noticed that his handsome new friend looked gloomy. 

"If you're tired, you can go back and sit for a while. The party has just started, so it's going to be a long night for us." 

Beam turned his head and smiled. He shook his head. "No, Enrique, I'm fine. It's just that some of the women tried to touch me," complained Beam, frowning. 

Enrique laughed and patted Beam's shoulder lightly. "If I were a woman, I would also do the same as them." 

Beam sighed. He looked at Forth standing on the side of the podium, with the woman the host called called his fiancee.

He hasn't had the chance to get closer, because Forth is always surrounded by people trying to talk to him. 

"That woman is very beautiful," said Beam, pointing at Elliana Gomez.  "Sexy." 

Enrique snorted softly. "She's the queen of sensationalism," he whispered. 

Beam turned to Enrique with raised eyebrows. "Sensation maker?" 

"Yes. She has been married twice and both of her ex-husbands went bankrupt after divorcing her. Do you see her chest and hips? They were all made after she divorced and they cost a lot. She admits it herself proudly." 

"Oh? Then, now he has a new fiancé?" 

"Huh, I feel sorry for Mr. Forth. People say he is a tycoon from Thailand. A young billionaire who comes from a Thai noble family who has been rich since the time of his ancestors. Old money. Of course Elliana will target him. Still young, handsome,  rich, I don't understand why he wants to get engaged to Elliana." 

Beam looked at Forth who was now talking to a middle-aged man. Her longing was overwhelming, but she wasn't sure she could approach Forth now.  "Let's go again, Beam, the manager is starting to glare when he sees us standing here all the time," said Enrique, nudging Beam's arm and pointing to his right with his chin. 

Beam took the tray and quickly walked towards the guests. He saw Forth standing somewhat in the middle of the hall now, because several guests were trying to get him to join their group. 

Elliana was not beside him and when Beam looked for him, he was surrounded by a group of luxuriously dressed women who were busy talking to each other. 

Beam walked towards Forth and stopped right in front of him, next to a man who seemed to be listening to the man beside Forth talking. 

"Cake, gentlemen," Beam offered. 

Forth looked stunned at the man carrying the cake tray in front of him.  Beam smiled at him and handed him the tray. 

Like a robot, Forth took a cake from the tray and watched Beam walk away, towards the other group.

Half an hour later, Beam placed his empty tray on the hotel kitchen table and took off his black bow tie with a sigh of relief. 

"Beam, are you finished?"  Enrique asked, looking out from behind the partition. 

"This is my break time. Ben will replace me for the next hour," answered Beam as he rolled up the long sleeves of his white shirt. "I have to go to the toilet first." 

"The waiter's dining room is in the second hallway on the sixth floor. You can go down via the elevator behind the kitchen to get closer. There is also a toilet next to the dining room. I'll follow in half an hour," explained Enrique. 

"Okay. I'll go down first," said Beam.

Beam followed Enrique's instructions, going down to the sixth floor via the elevator behind the kitchen. He went into the bathroom and washed his hands while looking at his face in the reflection of the mirror in front of him. 

"You're stupid, Beam," Beam muttered to himself. "What do you expect? He will look at you, then pull your hand into his arms and shower you with kisses while saying that he misses you?" 

Beam took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. Then he opened his eyes again and pointed at his reflection in the mirror. 

"He's engaged and the woman is beautiful and sexy. Go home and get ready to hear a lecture from Phana and Kit, Beam!" 

Suddenly Beam's heart felt sad. He had felt this kind of emptiness when his grandmother died. 

When his parents divorced, when they handed him over to his grandmother, he didn't budge. 

However, when his grandmother died, he felt heartbroken and now it feels the same as it did then. 

His eyes felt wet and Beam quickly turned around when he heard the bathroom door open. He didn't want other people to see him crying and wondering. 

Beam walked towards the cubicle at the end of the row and pushed open the door, but another hand reached out and grabbed his.

Beam didn't have time to turn around because the person who grabbed his hand was behind him and pushed him into the cubicle. 

"Hey, what are you--"

Beam's eyes widened as he turned around and in the narrow cubicle, his forehead almost hit the chest of the person who bumped into him. 

Forth raised his index finger and pressed it to Beam's lips. His eyes looked at Beam sharply. 

"Phi Forth?" Beam whispered. 

Forth nodded and lowered his index finger from Beam's lips. "Don't be loud," said Forth in a low voice. "I put up a sign that the bathroom is under construction, but usually people still don't believe it and try to break in." 

Beam backed away and was blocked by the toilet behind him. Forth reached behind Beam's body and lowered the toilet lid. 

"What are you doing here, Phi?" Beam asked. He tried to keep his distance so that Forth couldn't hear the sound of his heart beating crazily in his chest. 

"That should be my question, Beam," answered Forth. "But it doesn't matter anymore." 

Forth reached out and grabbed Beam's chin, lifted it and he placed his lips on Beam's lips.

Beam gasped. Forth grabbed Beam's waist and pulled him close to his body.  He kissed Beam's lips slowly and half-consciously, Beam returned the kiss. 

Their lips tangled in a light kiss against each other. Forth's tongue stuck out and forced Beam to open his mouth.  Beam released a soft sigh which made Forth raise his tension. 

He moved around, took Beam with him and changed positions while sitting on the closed toilet and Beam sat on his lap. 

Their kiss deepened and Forth's hands squeezed Beam's waist. Reaching a point where the air was running low, they had to untie each other's tongues before their lungs exploded. 

Beam panted, placing his forehead on Forth's forehead. They were silent for a while. 

Forth grabbed Beam's chin and pinched it gently. "Baby, I think I'm dreaming," Forth said softly, almost a whisper. 

Beam distanced himself and looked at Forth with misty eyes. "You have a fiancé," was the only sentence Beam could say. 

Forth smiled and nodded. "Yes." 

Beam shook his head and moved to get off Forth's lap, but the man's hand held his waist tightly. 

"Only until the end of this month," said Forth. 

"Huh?"

===