10. The Best Sleep

It was the most intimate kiss Beam had ever experienced. Forth's lips tasted sweet, with the aroma of cinnamon and mint, which made Beam feel like he was being dragged into unlimited eroticism. 

Forth kissed Beam's lower lip gently and his hands gripped Beam's slender waist. His tongue stuck out, looking for Beam's tongue. 

When they met, Beam went ahead, impatiently entangled Forth's tongue, asking him to dance. This is the best dance in lust.

Forth groaned softly when he felt his manhood rise and make his trousers feel tight under him, while Beam's buttocks were right above him. 

Uh, this is crazy, Forth thought as he sucked on Beam's sweet and soft tongue. 

If it weren't for the air that was getting thinner in their lungs, perhaps the kiss between Forth and Beam would have been the longest kiss in their lives.

Panting, Beam and Forth pressed their foreheads against each other and stared at each other. 

Beam pulled away first, then got off Forth's lap, even though the man's hand was holding his waist. He was shy.

"Sorry, Phi, I have to ... err ... sleep ...." Beam muttered. He was about to get up from the sofa, but Forth's hand held him. 

"Beam, sleep with me," said Forth calmly. "Please?"

Beam's eyes widened. "W-what, Phi? Sleeping ... with you?" 

"Yes. Sleep. Close your eyes and rest, until it's time to wake up in the morning, which is actually only a few hours away. I want to hug you," said Forth. 

Beam's heart was beating very fast and made his chest rumble. What is this feeling? Why does it feel so strange and wild, but also ... happy? 

Forth gently pulled Beam's hand, turned off the television, took a blanket, then took Beam into a closed room. 

"This is my room, but I rarely sleep here. Phi Ai deliberately made this room for me because I often visit her," said Forth. 

Beam didn't say anything in response, just followed Forth towards the bed.  It's like he's hypnotized.His mind was blank. 

Forth invited Beam to lie down on his side, arranged the blanket and then pulled Beam into his arms. One arm was under Beam's neck and the other across Beam's chest to his shoulder, patting gently. 

"Go to sleep. Good morning, Beam," whispered Forth softly, then kissed Beam's nose. 

It didn't take long for him to hear soft snoring. Beam had not yet closed his eyes, staring intently at the ceiling, wondering why he felt a strange sense of peace and comfort in the arms of a man he had only met this afternoon?  He felt warm and calm. 

Forth's warm breath hit the side of his head and Beam slowly moved, changing to a sideways position. His hand reached out and placed it on Forth's waist, then he tucked his head into Forth's chest and closed his eyes.

In the morning, everyone is looking for Forth and Beam who are nowhere to be seen. 

The living room, where Forth was supposed to sleep last night, was empty. An empty beer bottle and the remains of fruit pudding were still on the table. 

"Maybe they came out early in the morning," Lam said calmly. "Forth usually jogs along the beach whenever he's here." 

"Maybe Phi Forth took Phi Beam with him," said Ming with a smirk. "I heard Phi Beam wants to see the cats at the shelter." 

Wayo looked at Ming, then touched Phana's arm who was calling Beam.  "Ming is right, Phi Pha. Phi Beam asked Phi Forth to take him to the shelter today. Phi Forth must have taken him there early in the morning, before the festival started." 

Phana thought and looked at Wayo, hesitated for a moment, but then smiled.

"I think so," said Phana. "It wasn't once or twice that Beam left without saying anything to me or Kit." 

"Just leave him alone, Pha," Kit said gently. "He's grown up." 

Wayo looked at the two friends with a frown. "Why are you guys so worried about Phi Beam? You're like his father and mother." 

Phana laughed and scratched his head.  "The story is quite long. But the point is, Beam is a person with trauma that he doesn't want to admit and coincidentally his grandmother entrusted him to us to look after, before she died," said Phana. 

Wayo nodded and did not ask further. 

"Let's have breakfast at a restaurant near the hotel," said Park, who came out of the room while wearing his jacket. "Just leave Forth and Beam alone. Maybe they should also have breakfast and then go to the festival. Forth already knows the competition schedule."

They go together. Phana walked with Kit, while Ming was with Wayo. 

"Why, Kit? You keep stealing glances at Ming," Phana teased, nudging Kit's arm. 

"Uh, it's okay, Pha," Kit said embarrassedly. "I'm just checking on Wayo."

"Wayo or Ming? Don't tell me you're starting to like Ming and miss him because he's not clinging to you now?" said Phana.

"Sshhh... Pha, don't talk carelessly! If he hears, he might get a big head." Kit had a panick attacked.

Phana laughed and took Kit to walk faster. Ming watched Kit walk ahead. 

"Come on, Yo, what do you want to ask? Look, Kit has gone further and further away!" 

"Put your business with Phi Kit on hold for a moment, Ming. He's not going anywhere. Now explain to me first, do you know where Phi Forth and Phi Beam went?"

"Huh, why are you asking me," Ming said with a shrug. "I don't know where they went." 

Wayo hit Ming's shoulder and made his cousin groan. "Don't be so annoying," Wayo scolded, annoyed. "I know you know something between Phi Forth and Phi Beam."

Ming chuckled. "I'm telling the truth, Yo. I don't know where they were this morning, but I know what happened last night." 

Wayo gasped. "What? What happened, Ming?" 

Ming leaned closer to Wayo and whispered in his ear. "They kissed." 

Wayo almost fell over his own feet, if only Ming hadn't been alert and held him.

Meanwhile Beam had just woken up. He stretched and opened his eyes lazily.  His sleep was very sound, without any dreams and he felt refreshed when he woke up. 

Beam was confused for a moment, realizing his position. He pressed against someone's chest, which felt so warm and broad. Beam looked up and saw Forth looking at him with a smile. 

"Good morning, baby Beam," said Forth. 

Instantly Beam blushed. He pulled away from Forth nervously, but Forth's hand on his waist stopped him from moving too far. 

"You made me sleep so soundly, Baby Beam," said Forth softly. "This was the most restful sleep I've had in the last seven years." 

Forth kissed Beam's forehead and his hands let go of Beam's waist. "Thank You." 

Beam didn't move, looking at the handsome man in front of him, who smiled and looked charming when he woke up, with messy hair and sleepy eyes. 

"This is also ... my best sleep in the last twelve years, more or less," Beam muttered. 

Forth and Beam looked at each other, then, who knows who started it, they approached each other and their lips met again.

***