4.Alana

I don't know how many days passed when i was unconscious after i slit my wrist, but i consider it as one day so as to not lose count of my days.

Counting, Numbers. That's the only thing keeping me sane. That was the first and last time i heard that dangerously intriguing voice. It never came again. I start counting the thin lines on the walls once again for the fourth time today when the door creaks open slowly.

I look up to see a tall and bulky guy in a grey tshirt and cargo pants. But he isn't wearing a mask he has hazel brown eyes, a crooked nose and brown hair. He looks like he is in his late thirties. When i just expect him to push the food and leave, he steps inside taking me aback. I pull my knees to my chest and hug them tighter as if they might  protect me from anything. He comes inside with slow steps and stops a few inches before me. "Get up" he says.

I blink unable to conjure what he just said and look up at him and see he has a scowl on his face and a thick beard, he also has a gash on his right cheek from his jaw till his eye. He looks so very terrifying. "Are you going to stand up or should i force you to?" He asks in an annoyed tone. I jerk at his words and slowly stand up.

Then another man with blonde hair and green eyes dressed up in a beige tux enters the room he looks a bit younger and shorter than the gruffy one, he has this sinister smile plastered on his face,  he looks at me, darts his tongue out and licks his lower lips, I feel my guts retching.

I still stand my place. He gets nearer that I can see the ominous look in his eyes as he checks me out and I control the urge to hug myself. He comes closer and I can smell the tobacco and a lot of alcohol. He is so eerily smiling that makes my stomach churn. "Heard you're a virgin, I'll have lots of fun breaking you and tasting that blood."

My feet start to shiver and my whole body joins. My head starts spinning at his words, the dread that I was so afraid of was going to happen. Before i could come out of this terrifying statement he states another thing that makes me want to just die. He says "now let's get you cleaned, I don't want to marry a stinky whore".

"What?" I whisper in horror, it's the first word i have spoken after the outburst months ago in front of the deep voice stranger,  my voice sounds unfamiliar even to my ears,  as he laughs like a lunatic and grabs my cheeks, I yelp and struggle to get out of his grab. He digs his fingers harder into my skin. That hurts.

I try pushing him away and removing  his hand but a sound echoes through the whole room. My head hangs to the side at the impact of his slap. I feel my skin burn.  I slowly drag my face and stare at him terrified. Which he rewards with another painful slap that makes my ears ring and my lower lips develops a bloody split.

My eyes tear up but I don't let the tears fall. He once again holds my cheeks in a painful hold and says "you fucking bitch, don't you dare look at me in the eye . You are going to marry me, be my slave and my fuck toy. I'll break you in every way possible." And he gives a vile smirk. I sob with broken words "pl..please ..leave me "  he laughs once again and says "I will think about it once you are used properly by me and my boys." With that he pushes me and goes out of the room.

I fall to the ground and close my eyes hoping all this was a dream but the sting in my cheeks and the metallic tastes from my lip tells me otherwise my whole body starts shivering uncontrollably.

The gruffy guy clears his throat and says "come with me " and I don't respond i can't. To which he barks "are you coming or do you want me to get niko again?". I look at him and contemplate his words. Niko must be the one who just slapped me twice and threatened with much worse things. I don't want to see him again so I comply with the gruffy guy and follow him with unsteady steps partly due to the fact that i didn't walk for so many days and partly because i still can't seem to take the threat from my mind.

We pass many rooms filled with men like the gruffy guy,  most of them look like soldiers, mercenaries and fighters. I'm sure all of them are trained to kill. My dad had a few too. Although he was the scary one of them all.

I blindly follow him up the wooden stairs that creeks with every single step i take. That leads to a hall which leads to another room where he stops and I stop behind him clutching my hands together with tears streaking face and some still running loose. That's when i notice there are many ladies standing in front of me, all of them look stunning with a prim skirt and a matching shirt their hair neatly made into a bun, nails made prettily as they have panited their lips with beautiful colors, I was always attracted to lipsticks from a young age.

My mum had many shades of wine, burgandy and red lipsticks. Although she never uses them, it was there in her dresser. That makes me wonder about mum. What must she be doing. What will happen if she knows about the situation I'm in, her heart would probably break that makes my already shattered heart hurt. Has she given up searching me?. I am brought back from my thoughts as one of the ladies starts walking towards us, her heels tapping in  every step she takes.

I feel so inferior standing with them. The contrast is just too much. Their beautiful outfit to my muddied gown. Their prim and proper hair to my wild ones. Their pretty faces to my mortified ones.I sink further inside as she stands infront of me and smiles.

The gruffy turns towards me and reaches for something from behind and my blood runs cold seeing a pistol. He points it towards me and states "you better do as you're told and don't cause any shit. Otherwise you know what will happen. Niko is just in the other room, he will not like it." He now looks at the woman standing infront of me and says "I'll be right outside, don't mess up or you all die ". This was more of a threat to me.