Karina - 童话 (fairy tale)

A/N: (This is an AU to my main AU storyline with Y/N Hong x Karina)

~~~

Text:  in Chinese

text: in Korean

"Hey babe," I hear your voice over my music, which was playing my favourite song, "are you listening to that song again?"

"童话 (fairy tale) is a great song baby, what are you saying?" I reply to you, as I lean back onto the couch, watching you sit next to me and rest your head on my shoulder.

"I know, you're just such a romantic person Y/N," you reply, kissing me softly.

"Do you think we'll ever get to love each other openly?" I ask, turning to face you, as the song continues to play.

"It's like that lyric in the song you like the most," you say to me, running your hand through your long silky hair, "你要相信, 相信我们会像童话故事里, 幸福和快乐是结局 (You need to believe, Believe that we can be like the people in the fairy tale, Whose ending is blessed and full of happiness) I believe that we will be able to live a happy ending."

As I leaned forward to kiss you on the tip of your nose, I felt like the happiest member of NCT on earth.

~~~

Love is such a weird thing, one moment everything seems fine, and the next moment, everything seems to be falling apart at the seams.

Ever since you came back from Milan, everything seemed...off. You became distant, not answering my calls or texts, and starting to ditch me on our dates.

At first, I thought that it was because of the upcoming SM Town concert and your schedule getting to you, so I didn't say a thing. Instead, I stood by your side, offering you silent support like I always did: the little sticky notes on snacks and drinks that I would send for you and your members, making sure that you were back to the dorms after we met (albeit rarely).

But never did my skies come crumbling down more than this.

"Breaking news! Karina of aespa confirmed to be dating actor Lee Jaewook!"

"The two are said to have fallen in love at first sight..."

As I digested the news, I felt the gaze of my members on me, mainly that of Mark and Jeno, whom I was in the training room with.

"Y/N, I won't pretend to know how you feel right now... but it all makes sense now, doesn't it?" Mark began, "The missed calls and texts, the last-minute ditching of you on your dates, how distant she became?"

"Y/N? Are you ok?" Jeno asked me, trying to gauge my reaction.

"I'm fine guys, really," I replied, in my best 'I'm fine there's nothing to worry about' tone, "It's like you said Mark, I should've seen the signs."  

I stood up and grabbed my bag, "If anyone asks, I'm going out for a walk, I'll be back before midnight."

The two of them didn't bother stopping me.

As I made my way into the lobby of the SM building, I ran into Ningning, who I had long viewed as the younger sister that I never had.

"Y/N!" she called out to me, grabbing onto my arm as I tried to pass her.

"Did you know Ningning?" I asked her, holding back the tears and anguish that were threatening to spew out of my eyes.

"I only just heard of it, I didn't know that she was seeing him behind your back," she said to me in a whisper, "I'm so sorry Y/N...If only..."

"It's okay Ning," I said, giving her a soft pat on the head, "可惜沒如果 (if only)".

And with that, i gave her a brief hug before I started, and immediately, came to a sudden halt.

"Y/N, I..." You stood in front of me, shocked by my presence.

"It's okay Karina," I said, "it's just like the lyrics, 童话里都是骗人的, 我不可能是你的王子... (Fairy tales are all lies, I couldn't possibly be your prince)I wish you and Lee Jaewook happiness..."

And with that, I left the scene, leaving the building just as my tears finally burst through my floodgates.

'Well,' I thought to myself, as I walked down the silent night streets of Seoul, '我想童话里都是骗人的 (I guess the fairy tales were all lies after all)...'

A/N: I know I said in my disclaimer that I will support Karina and Lee Jaewook, but this piece was written mainly because I was so shocked by the reveal that I got inspiration to write! Remember: this is only a piece of fiction!!!