Jiu - dad jokes

"Hey Y/N," Jiu says as we entered a cafe near our university to get a drink, "would you like me to get you a latte?"

"Not in particular, why?" I ask.

"Because I like you a latte Y/N!" she says, pout and acting cute, I felt my heart skip a beat looking at her, with her pink hair and matching hoodie, in the line for the coffee.

"Focus on getting your order before class starts Minji!" I nudge her in an attempt to not laugh out at the horribly cringy dad joke

(a little while later)

"Y/N," I hear Minji say whilst I was typing up notes in the library, to which I look up in response, "Why do you study history?"

"Because I like history and I'm a history major?" I say, uncertain if this was pure curiosity or another ploy to make a bad joke.

"Isn't it a waste to study it though?" she responds. "Why is it a waste?" I say, genuinely intrigued at this point.

"Because there's no future in it silly!" she says, giggling at her jab at another dad joke, to which I groan and softly bang my head on the desk, slightly annoyed at how I got fooled into another dad joke, yet also happy because I get to see the happiest person in the world sitting across from me, smiling with her bunny smile.

(Later)

When we got back to our apartment, I was chopping vegetables up for dinner, when I felt a pair of hands snake around my waist.

"Baby, what's orange and sounds like a parrot?" she says to me, not quite being able to rest her chin on my shoulder, settling for leaning onto my back.

"What is it?" I ask, bracing myself for the answer.

"A carrot!" she exclaims, giggling to herself as I coincidentally cut a carrot into slices for the curry that I was making.

(another time skip)

"Y/N, why do dragons sleep a lot during the day?"

"So that they can fight knights?" I say in glee, as I see Minji's smile widen.

"See! My jokes aren't bad and you do like them!"

"Never said I hated them you know, just that you should really dial down the amount of jokes you make per day." I say, kissing her on her temple as I pull her into a hug in bed. "The number of complaints I'm getting from Siyeon and Sua about you are starting to drive me slightly bonkers you know?" To which I receive a sheepish smile in response.

"You love me, regardless of how bad my jokes are though," she responds to me, smirking.

"That you have 100% correct my amazing girlfriend," I say, wishing a good night before turning the lights off.