CHAPTER: 18 PARTNER AND CONDITIONS

Start from the beginning

However, this time it was me who declined, "Ani, not him, I don't think he is still fully convinced with my explanation, and to get along we both need some time, and this mission is not it, I hope maybe in the future we may go on missions together, but not this time. Anyone else?" Namjoon, considering the options, suggested, "One who is quick, agile, and has good instincts. Plus, he must have some combat training and required experience..?? Hmm..., take Jimin, He should be a good fit." Jimin, who had been quietly observing the exchange, nodded in agreement. "I'm up for it. Let's get this done." At this Jungkook jumped off his seat and said, "No, I'll go, I can adjust, and I won't fight her, Jimin isn't fit, he, he is sick.. yeah sick, very sick!" Something seemed fishy, even Jimin was shocked to hear this but quickly composed himself and said, "No, no, Jungkook, I'm fine now, really, also I really am sorry to So Hee for playing a role in pranking her to join us, so I guess it's a nice chance I got to connect to her. I hope you understand, I'll be fine!" he finished his mini speech looking directly into Jungkook's eyes, fishy for sure!

However, still not convinced Jungkook, defeatedly said, "Fine, but I still have a condition!" annoyed at this KK questioned, "Condition? Seriously? If your leader and Jimin himself don't have an objection then why do you? why now? I have been working with you for nine months, and in those nine months we had no issues, so why now? weren't we brothers..??" agitated Jungkook replied, " Because until then I didn't know you were connected to her," he said pointing at me, "also I didn't know your true intentions, but now I do. And what brothers? I do not connect liars!"

A gasp was heard from the direction where PP and Rose sat, and also from KK who had his fist closed so hard that his, knuckles turned white, but he refused to say anything. Sensing the return of the left behind tension I exclaimed, "I am not really aware of what happened before I came, I would request everyone to not judge my friends under the impression you have of me," "But," PP tried interjecting me, I; however, had enough of my friends getting pulled down because of me, so I continued, "I also understand Jungkook's concern regarding his friend, truly, if I were in his shoes, I might have done the same, and that is why I don't stand a chance declining his condition. Hence, I agree, to whatever he has to say." Done with whatever I had to say, I gestured Jungkook to continue.

Jungkook, a hint of satisfaction in his expression, continued, "My condition is simple. You and Jimin will wear communication devices and trackers, and we'll be monitoring your every move. If anything seems off, we step in immediately. No exceptions. Also, You won't carry any guns." I nodded in agreement with Jungkook's conditions, understanding the need for precautions given the delicate situation. "Understood. We'll comply with the communication devices, trackers, and no firearms. Our priority is to gather information without escalating the situation." This time it was not one of my friends who opposed, but Jimin, "Jungkook!" he exclaimed, "and how the hell is she going to protect herself if she doesn't carry any guns with her..??"

I smirked at his care, he cared too much for me to handle, but our dear Jimine didn't know who he was accompanying, so to clear his doubt, I replied politely as if I was talking to a child, it did sound creepy and gave me a psychotic vibe, but who cares, "Oh, Jiminie, sweetheart, I just wanted to share something with you. I don't want you to think I'm not capable, you see? It kinda stings a bit to feel like you might be underestimating me. Now, I don't know if you're aware, but back in the day, when I was just a little kid, I picked up a thing or two about sword fighting. Yeah, it's a little unconventional, right? Oh, and here's the kicker – I've always had this odd liking for knives over guns. So, I just wanted to let you know, handling this stuff is like second nature to me. No biggie, really. I hope you understand!" and I leaned back into my seat, satisfied looking at everyone's faces filled with horror; however, my fun was short-lived because PP revealed my secret, "Yah, Han So Hee, stop creeping the life outta everyone! She is just bragging about it guys chillex, she only learned it after watching her uncle do it, and that too because she is way too eager to learn new things, and test herself, so she also attended a few competitions, which were about 10 years ago, when she was 11, no big issue!"

Offended that she missed out on my achievements, I took it upon myself to brag about them, "And I got gold meddles, in all the five matches!!" At this, Jungkook said rapidly, "No knives or swords as well!" What! no knives or swords! It was a serious matter that needed to be discussed, "Ms. All Restrictions, you said 1 condition but I agreed to 3 of yours, but not this one!" Before I could continue, Namjoon exploded, " We ain't playing games here! So Hee, both of you are going, that's final, Jimin you take guns, and So Hee you take anything except them! V you too join them, make sure they are safe from a distance! Make sure all of you stay vigilant and prioritize safety. We can't afford any unnecessary risks. Report back as soon as you have something substantial. Jungkook, Rose, PP, and KK, monitor the maps, mark the details provided by them, and guide them in directions while moving forward. Yoongi, give them their suits, microphones, trackers, and cameras! We meet at night, at 1 O'clock, until then rest well everyone, I do not want any carelessness from any one of you!" Jimin pouted slightly, clearly not happy with the decision, but he nodded in compliance. I glanced at the others, acknowledging Namjoon's instructions, "Understood, Namjoon. We'll proceed with the mission as directed."

Author's Note:

Hey guys, here's another Chapter for you guys to enjoy..!! It's a long one and took a lot of time to get prepared, but I am happy, cause it is for you guys, so enjoy reading and do tell me your opinions about this chapter!!