Moment of Truth Part 1

"Taylor! Over here."
I was sitting at the table with the Jackson's. They were helping me with gifts, allowing me to open them and when I tell you they went in for their niece, they went in. Rebbie paid for me to get my hair done and they promised to be there once the baby arrives.
Michael was a little uneven before we came because he knew that his parents weren't here to see him or meet the baby. He accepted that when he thought that he would get a little appraisal from his father or an "I love you son." But It never happened. I never thought to ever see the sensitive side of him and it happened.. well everything happened all so suddenly and I loved him.

His smiles were everlasting and he worked extra hard to make sure we all were good. Now that is having a man. I just wished my mother saw it instead of plenty of men.

"Taylor, you can open this one. It's from me and Tito." Jermaine said, handing me the gift and I carefully got up with Janet's help we opened it together and it was a play pen. "Aw that's so sweet of you." I said wiping my eyes. I wiped under my eyes, trying to hold much of my tears and I nearly failed. Michael came over afterwards and hugged me. We were due in a month so we decided to prepare early.

Once we got to the house, Michael helped me take my shoes off and slide on my slides. "Sit down baby, I'll grab the stuff out the car, just wait here." He said hurrying me to the sofa. He wanted to spend quality time together which consisted of a foot and shoulder rub. And boy the larger hands of his can get a kink out of anything.

I waited up until I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I placed the phone to my ear saying hello and before I hung up, I heard,

"Hello, this is a collect call from Charles Prison, please press 1 to accept."

I hung up. I didn't know anyone in prison and it almost through me off. Michael came back inside and dropped everything near the stairs and then came to me. "Baby I have a question?"'he asked.

"Yes shug." I spoke as he then sits down gently and grabbed my hand. "I- I well, are you happy like with everything and-"
I hushed him and then gave him a peck on the lips. "Of course I am. We aren't moving too fast baby. Why?" I said gripping his hand firmly. A smile curved on his face, "I just wanted to ask you, you know." He shrugged his shoulder a little. I turned his head towards me and rubbed his face, caressing it. "Baby I'm happy.  I promise. We are going to make it." I said.
Before he could speak my phone ring again. I picked it up and it was the same number as before.

I answered this time, something told me to listen all the way through.

"Hello, this is a collect call from Charles Prison, please press 1 to accept."

I looked at Michael, he nods for me to press it and we listen closely.

"Hello, my daughter..."