Chapter 67 - Preparation

Mulai dari awal

"Looks like there no way around that. Ah, but there's one more thing I have to do before dying. It's a message from Lucas-san."

"............" As Kurumi silently urged on, eyepatch Kurumi let out a faint but bold smile.

"I love you, I love you. Let's get married my cute little honey."

"There was nothing else apart from my cute little honey!" As Kurumi cried out, her eyepatch counterpart's laughter intensified even more.

"Ufufu, so you've already heard from another clone already."

"......Damn it." Kurumi face quickly flushed with a red hue. But, it was already too late. Eyepatch Kurumi seemed to have seen through everything already as her laughter filled the scene.

"Then my job is already over. Now, shall we send me off?"

Having said that, eyepatch Kurumi peacefully closed her eyes. The satisfied look on her face made Kurumi feel even more annoyed and insulted.

"Humph." Kurumi narrowed her gaze and pulled the trigger without any hesitation. The shadow of the bullet swept past eyepatch Kurumi's cheek.

"......Ara ara?"

Noticing that the bullet had perhaps intentionally missed, eyepatch Kurumi blinked in amazement while staring at Kurumi.

Burdened by an unpleasant expression, Kurumi let out a frustrated sigh.

"I'm not foolish enough to deliberately cut down on combat power at an important time like this. Anyway, if you are so intent on dying, then please make yourself useful as me and die on the battlefield."

After Kurumi said that, she swiftly departed from that location.

"......Yes, yes. I understand──me." While following from behind, eyepatch Kurumi spoke with words brimming with determination.

"............"

The girl remained speechless while keeping her attention turning the pages of the book in her hand.

Then, in the blink of an eye, she instantaneously memorized the characters written on the text and turned to the next page a few seconds later.

The book currently in her possession was a scholarly tome, which roughly summarized the history that lead to formation of the present world.

It seems that the commodity was originally complied together for studious purposes. Since the style of the writings were recorded in an approachable format, it was very easy to understand. However, due to its habit of abridging the characters with simpler phrases, it may take longer to explore the hidden meanings behind the text.

However, that was a mere subtlety brought about by a so-called human nature. The girl narrowed her gaze while sensing the vibrations pulsating within her eardrum.

Right now, there were several electronic devices such as television sets, radio and cassette recorders lined up around the girl, each conveying its own voice. Reports. Drama. Live commentary. Rakugo. Music. Sounds of various forms overlapped into the girl's brain.

"......Fuu." How many times has this been repeated? The girl snapped the book closed and let out a gentle sigh.

"......So that's it. I can roughly grasp the language system."

The girl spoke while turning the power off the TV and radio, which was dispersing background noise throughout the vicinity.

"............"