Fracture in Time XXXII - Trickery

WITH ROUND THREE CONCLUDED, AND THE BIRICANIS OUT OF THE RING, LET'S CONTINUE ON TO ROUND THREE! They shouted, pausing for a bit to let the audience cheer.

OUR FIRST FIGHTER... They waited for Sahil to remove the cover to the first name, gasps of shock and excitement.

HAILING FROM THE LIGHTNING DORM, A MASTER OF TRINKETS, A BORN WARRIOR, DESCENDENT OF THE FOURTH KING, THE HEAD OF THE LIGHTNING DORM; MATTHAIS LIONHEART!

Matthias stood up from his seat, walking down from the stands, clanking on every step on his way down. Looking around with a confident gaze around at the crowds, giving a small wave as he walked down to the center of the arena. He fastened his rings into place, making sure they wouldn't fall off, the largest one containing the insignia of his family's emblem.

AND HIS OPPONENT; Sahil removed the cover on the next name.

A FOREIGNER HAILING FROM THE KINGDOM OF SOUTH-ALZEM, OMARI INGABIRE!

A boy stood up from the spectator's stands, he seemed a little scared. He was either young or short, but his build was quite bulky for his size. He stepped down, the lights shining on his hair, shining silver much like Matthias'. He was dwarfed in size, Matthias was of average height, yet still stood looking down at him, and his cape, flowing around his back only made him seem even bigger.

Omari had traveled to Syvaso to try and escape the worries of the civil war, only to get caught up in the moment and apply to the tournament, but here he was; face to face with someone who looked like a king.

FIGHTERS, ARE YOU READY? The announcer looked down at the two. Matthias looked directly at them, giving them a firm nod of affirmation. Omari looked around, nervous and afraid, he didn't entirely believe he'd win any fight, but to go up against a dorm head in the first round was just his luck. He nodded, accepting his demise, and prepared himself for the hurt that was to come.

THREE. Matthias got in a position, ready to sprint forward, holding an arm out as if to grab something.

TWO. Omari stood there awkwardly, just waiting.

ONE. Matthias closed his eyes.

GO! He forced his Lightning Magic beyond his body, shaping it into the form of a spear. Slamming its handle against the ground behind him to gain a boost in speed as he rushed forward. Omari opened one eye and dodged it effortlessly, keeping his eye shut as he kept track of Matthias. He ran back over and swung his spear, barely missing Omari by a hair, as he had dropped down to the ground in a bridge pose with his hands supporting him. He kicked up, knocking Matthias right in the chin, sending him back, and flipped back up to his feet.

Alright maybe this won't go so badly. He smiled.

They continued exchanging blows, every time it was thought that Matthias had an advantage, Omari would just dodge effortlessly yet again, with a counter attack of his own. It began to come to a point where Matthias was more beaten than Omari, despite being the one who was on the offensive.

"This isn't going anywhere." Matthias panted, holding himself up with the handle of the staff as it crackled in his hand. "Sorry, it's been fun." He raised his hand up towards Omari.

"Lightning Magic: Astrapí." A surge of lightning with far more power than the one Zoie had released shot from his hand at Omari, without any time to dodge, he slammed his foot into the ground and ducked. The lightning struck his location, sending dust and debris flying.

Matthias sighed, "Sorry, this match is-" He turned and raised his guard before anyone could even process the fact that Omari was by his side, holding his arm up and ready to attack, off the ground. Matthias let his instinct take over, kicking his knee up into the sideways handle of his spear, sending it into Omari's stomach as Omari thrusted his arm forwards into Matthias's face, the two both were sent back onto the ground. Omari gasped for air, needing to take the moment to recuperate as Matthias rubbed the now stinging area on his face, with his spear gone, vanished when he was struck.