Fracture in Time XXIX - Preparation

"Caaaaayden wake up." Zoie mumbled, shaking him slightly.

"It's too early for this, go to sleep..." He whispered back.

"It's probably morning~" she whined, "Plus I keep hearing lightning and it's waking me up."

"Your insomnia isn't my issue." He retaliated.

"Caaaaaaaaaaaaaydennnnnn wake uuuup~" She howled.

"Wake up."

"Cayden..."

"CAYDEN GET YOUR ASS UP." She shouted, banging on his door.

He shot up, realizing he was not in her bed, wrapped in her arms, but rather in his dorm room, somehow with his blanket halfway over him.

"SHIT WHAT TIME IS IT?" He yelled back through his dorm.

"YOU HAVE LIKE FIVE MINUTES GET THE HELL UP." Her statement was followed by the sound of her feet tapping against the ground, getting quieter as she gained distance from the door. He hopped out of bed, walked over to his closet, threw his uniform on, and left. The two weeks were up, and only two negatives came from it;

He learned that someone he hated, was actually a villain, and the second, possibly worse;

He couldn't sleep normally alone. He'd grown too accustomed to Zoie laying behind him, holding him while he slept.

He ran out the door, preparing to run all the way to foreign language class, only for Jaris to be waiting right outside his door.

"Maktsö' and the other professors told the dorm heads to tell everyone that we aren't going to first period classes." They said, "You're the last to go, so I'll just walk you to where we're going."

"Oh, alright." Cayden nodded, "Where are we going?"

"Atrium." Jaris said, "Sahil and the professors have an announcement, what that is Ihavenoidea."

"Kay." He nodded, heading down to the first floor and out into the hallway where he ran to the atrium. The atrium was crowded, it wasn't just the first years, it was every student, there weren't even enough seats so some people sat on the ground by the windows. Zoie and Tyron were standing near the table they usually sat at, with the seats being occupied already.

"Yo." He walked over to them. Wading through the gaps of people, lots of murmurs filled the room to a deafening volume, making him doubt if his voice even traveled to them. His suspicions were confirmed when they both saw him coming, not surprised, but not suspecting him.

"Hey." She said with a slow and unenergetic voice, she had dark rings under her droopy eyes. Her hair was somehow messy, which was an impressive feat with how curly her hair was already.

"I can see you slept well." Cayden cringed at her entire look.

"Oh I slept like a goddamn Biriursus." She sneered, "I spent the entire night deciding to have my arms feel empty or to not have my head on anything. We only have one pillow, and it annoys me."

"Well why d'ya-" Tyron said, "Don't tell me y'all did that so much it's second nature."

"You ruined my sleep habits, Cayden." She glared at him.

"You offered to cuddle me to sleep." He returned angrily, "And thank you, I slept amazing for those two weeks." He said, also angrily.

"Yeah well I didn't expect you to be that fucking warm." She crossed her arms.