"You know, I pray there'll be a moment where you'll need me as much as you want your next breath, and all you'll have to do is look down to your feet. You'll always find me there, waiting." With that, she left him alone. He stared at the door in dismay at her 'poetic exit', an eyebrow raised. 

Picking up the phone, he rolled his eyes at the unknown number.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me? I will call if I have t-" He released a sigh.

"Well, I'm sorry if your highness couldn't find the time to call, because they have returned with the Council on their backs. I told you not to provoke them. Now they are going to convince other packs to be on their side." He said it with a growl, and Uriel frowned.

"What are you trying to say? That we weren't prepared for this? Or that we hadn't anticipated they would come to this conclusion? Master wants to give them a chance to try their best. Perfect victory is best savoured with cold wine and the devastation of a well-prepared enemy." He said while spinning a pencil in his fingers.

"The only reason I joined you is so I can get my revenge on him, not because I care about all the bullshit about the wellness of the world and what not. So you better keep me in the loop and keep your promise." The voice whisper-yelled, and the call was cut off." His eyes glowed as the pencil in his hand broke at the blatant disrespect.

"Motherfu-" He started to curse, but took a deep breath and calmed himself.

'Uriel, this is not how you do things. You won't derail and do something you'll regret. You are calm, in control, and everything is fine.' Xeniel whispered in his mind.

Xeniel was a peculiar wolf. Uriel could feel his presence in his mind at all times, but they didn't talk. He only came to Uriel at times like these, when he was close to losing control of himself. He calmed him down, and he always left after comforting him. Uriel didn't mind his absence from his life; they were both content with their relationship, and that was enough for him.

He took deep breaths for a while and opened his eyes to see a mop of black hair hiding behind his desk. He schooled his features immediately and smiled at the two white roses on his desk. Little eyes peeked at him, and he pretended to be confused while holding the flowers.

Eru jumped in front of him in hopes of scaring him and was glad to see Uriel's 'horrified' face.

"You demon! You scared me!" Uriel scolded him and smiled when he saw the giggling face. Eru ran to him and jumped in his lap to hug his 'beau'.

When Uriel and Nyla started teaching Eru to write so he could communicate with them, Nyla mentioned the word beau, as in boyfriend and admirer. He had instantly associated the word with Uriel and started calling him that. Eru had absolutely refused to learn sign language and always wrote to communicate with them. He was a weird child, Uriel realized.

Eru peppered Uriel's face with kisses while the older Omega rubbed his back. Now it was Uriel's turn to rain kisses on his face. From the moment Uriel held Eru in his arms, he knew the moon goddess had blessed him with the perfect child. He was devastated when he found out his womb was barren, and he couldn't ever be a parent. But when he finally made peace with that, Eru had shown up. Uriel could see both himself and Cruxius in his precious Eru. His personality was shaping up to be more and more like that of Cruxius as he grew up, and it didn't hurt that Cruxius also adored that fact, no matter how much he denied it. His face resembled Uriel's, with a pale face and feminine features that could get anyone to do his bidding.

"Have you had dinner yet?" Uriel asked, looking up at him. Eru shook his head and scribbled in his little notebook.

'Waitig for you, you did nt come.' Uriel read it and looked at the time. It was almost 7, and he frowned at Eru.