22. I've Been Wanting to do that

Heading back down to the car where Damien was patiently waiting, I couldn't deny that he was right. Clearing things up with Ethan had lifted a weight off my shoulders. I still couldn't shake off the feeling of disappointment knowing that Ethan was seeing Chris of all people. I mean, seriously, out of all the options out there, it had to be that idiot Chris.

But I had to remind myself that Ethan was a grown man capable of making his own decisions, no matter how ridiculous (and in my opinion, this was a supremely shitty decision). It wasn't my place to dictate who he should or shouldn't be with. As much as I wanted to protect him from potential harm, I had to respect his choices, even if I vehemently disagreed with them.

As I got into the car and buckled up, Damien glanced at me with a knowing look. "Feeling better now?"

I nodded, offering him a small smile. "Yeah, thanks for waiting."

"No problem. We all have our moments," Damien replied, starting the car and pulling out of the parking spot.

I leaned back in my seat, letting out a sigh of relief. It was good to have that conversation with Ethan, even if it didn't change the situation much. At least now there was some clarity, and I could focus on the present moment with Damien.

"So, what's next on the agenda?" Damien asked, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled between us.

With things calmer now, I couldn't help but think about how little I knew about Damien's personal life. It had been on my mind for a while, especially since Damien skillfully dodged any questions about himself during our early interactions.

I recalled my attempts to learn more about Damien's personal life, only to be met with charming deflections and witty banter. At the time, I brushed it off as part of Damien's mysterious charm. Now, I felt a pang of guilt for not digging deeper to understand the man beyond the facade.

I shrugged, thinking for a moment. "Well, I was thinking maybe we could do something  together. You know, like a proper date."

If I'm being honest, my plan was to take my man out on a date and spoil him, and also perhaps use the opportunity to find out more about him.

Damien raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk tugging at his lips. "A date, huh? I like the sound of that. Any ideas on where you'd like to go?"

I grinned, feeling excited and almost giddy even "How about we try that new Italian restaurant downtown? I heard they have amazing pasta dishes."

"Sounds perfect," Damien agreed, his eyes lighting up with enthusiasm. "Let's make it a night to remember."

That weekend, I dressed up eagerly in a fitted black blazer paired with a crisp white shirt, dark jeans, and polished black dress shoes, waiting for Damien to pick me up. I offered to fetch him, but he declined, insisting it was the least he could do since I was covering the date's expenses.

Soon, the doorbell rang, and there he stood—my boyfriend in all his 6'4 glory, dressed impeccably in a dark blue suit, a light blue undershirt, and shiny black dress shoes. It was a sight that nearly had me drooling, anticipating the moment we'd return from our date so I could strip that sexy outfit off him.

"Good evening, Princess," he greeted, and I fought the urge to roll my eyes at the nickname, which I assumed was a play on my last name.

"It's King," I corrected him with a playful smile.

"Yes, Your Majesty. Are you ready?"

"Absolutely," I replied with a grin, feeling a rush of excitement as I locked the door behind me and joined Damien outside.