19. Who the F*** is That?? (Pt. II)

The dimly lit room was thick with tension as Peter, our trusted investigator, advanced towards the masked figure. With his hands bound behind his back, the captive didn't look too pleased as Peter reached for the mask that had concealed his identity.

In a swift, almost theatrical motion, Peter removed the mask, and the enigmatic antagonist's face was finally revealed. As his eyes squinted, adjusting to the light, a mix of surprise and irritation washed over his features.

With a sense of finality, Peter made the revelation we had all been waiting for. "Gentlemen, meet Robert Ferguson. He serves as the secretary to the CEO of Deluxe Designs. Sound familiar?"

The name hit me like a ton of bricks. Of course Chris Wilson was involved, i always knew he was a sick bastard. And the conspiracy against Noble Couture had its roots deep within the very company we had once considered partnering with. It was absolutely disgusting that he would go so far and to such petty lengths, and for what?

Unable to contain my bitterness, I voiced the conclusion that had been brewing within me all along. "I totally called it. I knew it, and Ethan was defending him, saying all that nonsense. Who else would want to steal my designs for Deluxe Designs if not the company itself?"

Our revelation was accompanied by a potent mix of anger and vindication. We had unmasked our adversary, and the final showdown was looming. It was time to confront Robert Ferguson and expose the full extent of his role in this elaborate plot. In the face of treachery, we were resolute in uncovering the truth and bringing this complex scheme to a close.

I furrowed my brow, questioning Robert's bizarre tactics. "But why would you threaten me with those videos of Ethan when Chris's face was also very clearly shown in them? I could have easily censored Ethan's face and exposed Chris as well. That seemed like a dumb move on your part."

Robert's response, filled with indifference, took me by surprise. He casually shrugged and revealed his true intentions. "I didn't really care. In fact, I was sort of hoping you would. Chris, that imbecile whose head was too far up your secretarys ass, couldn't see that he's losing investors to Noble Couture. My plan was to first take you down as the major competition in this industry, then prove that Chris is incapable of running a company, and take over Deluxe Designs myself."

Robert's confession left me both furious and bewildered. It was apparent that he had orchestrated a convoluted scheme with a misplaced focus on sowing discord within our ranks. The battle was far from over, and we needed to deal with Robert's malicious intentions and confront Chris's involvement in this web of deceit. Our next moves were pivotal in dismantling their malicious plot.

That's insane, I shook my head. Wow, this guy is completely unhinged. And here I thought Ethan was the worst secretary ever.

Nonetheless, we needed to concentrate on the matter at hand. "Anyways, back to the crazy man," I muttered, redirecting our attention to Robert.

"I was so close to getting away with it," Robert muttered under his breath, a trace of desperation in his voice.

Peter, ever vigilant, responded with a note of disappointment in his tone. "No, you weren't.  You were careless and sloppy. Why would you pay Jamie with a bank transfer that leads directly back to your personal account? You even met up with Jamie yourself. It's like you were trying to get caught. I'm almost disappointed, I really thought you'd be harder to find."

Robert's reckless actions had inadvertently handed us the evidence we needed to dismantle this conspiracy. As we stood there, it was evident that his scheme had spectacularly backfired. Now it was our turn to conclude this bewildering game and restore order to Noble Couture.