12. Overdrive

I found myself engulfed in a sea of work, my days stretching into nights as the launch date now loomed just five weeks away. The office buzzed with frenzied activity during the day, and I often stayed long after everyone else had clocked out. Every detail had to be perfect, every aspect meticulously planned. As the CEO of Noble Couture, I was not only responsible for the success of the upcoming clothing line but also for proving myself to those who doubted my capabilities.

The whispers around the office and even in the media were hard to ignore. Somehow, there were a lot of people who were looking forward to my potential downfall, believing that my position had been handed to me on a silver platter due to my family's influence. They thought I was too young and inexperienced to handle such a monumental project. But I was determined to prove them wrong, to show that I deserved to be where I was.

On this very evening, as I worked diligently in my office, someone walked in. I looked up to see Damien, a welcome distraction from the relentless workload. Our interactions had been limited to meetings lately, lost in the chaos of preparations.

"I heard a certain CEO has been overworking himself and neglecting his health," Damien quipped, a hint of concern beneath his casual tone.

I smiled up at him, grateful for the interruption. "Oh, hey Damien."

He placed a smoothie and some snacks on my desk. "I brought you these. You need to take care of yourself amidst all this chaos."

"Thanks, I appreciate it," I said, feeling a wave of gratitude for his thoughtfulness.

Damien leaned against the desk, his gaze lingering on me. "You know, Lukas, there's more to life than just work. You should find ways to de-stress and relax."

I looked up at Damien and smiled. "Are you offering to be my stress-relief, Damien?"

He smirked, his eyes glinting mischievously. "Well, I might have some skills in that department."

I raised an eyebrow playfully. "Is that so?"

Damien's voice took on a husky undertone. "Oh, absolutely. I have ways of helping you unwind that you wouldn't even believe."

As he spoke, he stepped closer, his presence magnetic. The air between us seemed to crackle with tension, and for a moment, the weight of my responsibilities faded into the background.

And then, things escalated quickly. Damien's lips were on mine, his touch igniting a fire within me. The world around us faded away as desire consumed us both. It was a dance of need and passion, each touch sending sparks through my veins.

Our hands desperately roamed the contours of each other's bodies as if we were both driven by an insatiable hunger, a craving we couldn't deny. It had been a considerable amount of time, and I yearned for his touch with a fervor that surprised even me. Damien effortlessly lifted me, my legs instinctively encircling his waist. As he turned, placing me gently onto the table, he continued his sensual assault of teasing kisses, rendering me captive to the moment.

Amidst the heated haze, as Damien's lips trailed down my neck, I was jolted out of the moment by a notification on my phone. Reluctantly, I pulled away, my breathing ragged.

Damien's voice was husky as he whispered, "You have a message, Lukas. Are you going to ignore it?"

I grabbed my phone, my heart racing for a different reason now. The device displayed a message from an unknown sender, containing a video attachment. My curiosity piqued, I opened it, only for a jolt of shock to seize my insides. The video's contents were both unexpected and infuriating, a sudden twist that left me fuming with a mix of anger and disbelief.