Chapter-39

Author's POV,

As Rudra felt the weight of everyone's gaze on Pihu, clad in her cute night pajamas, his possessiveness screamed inside him. He despised the idea of anyone else seeing her in such an intimate state, his madness for her driving him to the brink. His eyes blazed with intensity, and his gaze could have set the room on fire, such was the ferocity of his glare.

The atmosphere around them became charged with tension, the silence palpable as Rudra's unspoken command hung in the air. The bodyguards and maids, sensing his wrath, immediately lowered their heads in deference, acknowledging their place in the mansion.

Pihu, her heart hammering against her ribs, remained silent, a small bird caught in the talons of a hawk. The weight of his possessiveness pressed down on her, suffocating the yearning for freedom that flickered within.

Satisfied with the submission of those around them, Rudra continued on his way, his grip on Pihu unwavering. The air was thick as they descended the staircase, the echo of their footsteps the only sound in the stillness that had fallen over the mansion.

As they reached the ground floor, Rudra's steps quickened, his grip on Pihu tightening. Without a word, he strode towards the main entrance, where a car was waiting. The driver, seeing Rudra's approach, quickly opened the door, and Rudra sat inside the car with Pihu in his lap.

The atmosphere inside the car was tense, the silence suffocating as they sat back of the car in a privacy. As they drove through the city, Pihu stole glances at Rudra, noting the rigid set of his jaw and the distant look in his eyes.

"Did I forget to mention, Pearl," his voice broke the silence, a low rumble laced with an undercurrent of threat, "that we're leaving for France?"

Pihu's breath hitched. "But... I...I didn't want to go" she stammered, her voice barely a whisper.

Rudra's face hardened, a flicker of something akin to anger flashing in his eyes. He turned away, his voice devoid of warmth. "I don't recall asking for your opinion, Pearl. I told you," he stated firmly, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Pihu felt a surge of defiance battling the fear that constricted her throat. She knew she had no choice but to comply with Rudra's demands. The weight of his control and the isolation it brought pressed down on her, suffocating her spirit.

Rudra glanced at her, his gaze softening slightly. He reached out and gently lifted her chin, forcing her to meet his gaze. "Listen, Pearl, I know you don't like my control and I am trying to change it. But trust me, it's for your own safety. I have to go there for work, and Veer also needs to go somewhere else for some business, so I can't leave you here as I don't trust anybody for your safety except me and Veer," he said, his tone softer now, almost pleading.

Pihu didn't respond. The words felt hollow, a mere justification for his controlling behavior. She knew the dangers that lurked in his world, but she also knew she wasn't a pawn to be moved around at his will.

As they reached the airport, a private jet awaited them, ready to fly. Rudra carried Pihu out of the car, his grip firm yet strangely gentle. The hurried boarding process felt like a blur, a whirlwind of activity that left Pihu feeling even more detached from her reality.

Inside the luxurious cabin, the plush seats and expensive amenities seemed to mock her predicament. A flight attendant, her smile as polished as the chrome fittings, greeted them warmly.

Pihu sat in her own world, feeling the weight of the day's events pressing down on her. Rudra turned towards her and said, "Pearl, if you want, you can go and sleep or freshen up."