Chapter 6

Pihu Pov's

Both Shivani and I decided to take a day off from the office, still shaken and exhausted from yesterday's incident. With my injured leg, Shivani insisted on taking care of me, although she was clearly upset with the reckless stunt I pulled. I felt a pang of guilt, unsure of how to make it up to her since she wouldn't let me cook with my injury. Desperate to find a way to pacify her, I racked my brain for alternative solutions.

Suddenly, I heard Shivani's stern voice saying, "Pihu, I'm going out to get something to eat. Take care of yourself and the house. And I mean it, don't do any work." I simply replied, "Okay," knowing deep down that mischief was on the horizon, a mischievous smile already creeping onto my lips.

With a plan in mind, I decided to prepare Shivani's favorite dessert, Suji ka Halwa, hoping it would instantly melt her heart. I resolved not to do anything else, as I anticipated she would give me a lecture like my mother always did if I pushed my luck too far. With determination, I made my way to the kitchen and began cooking.

After finishing the halwa, I sat eagerly at the dining table, patiently waiting for Shivani's return with our lunch. Soon, I heard the jingling of keys at the door, signaling her arrival. She entered the room and glanced at me, but didn't say a word. She didn't even notice the bowl of halwa sitting on the dining table, instead heading straight to the kitchen to bring our food to the plates. I couldn't help but feel a mix of disappointment and hope, wondering if my efforts to mend the situation would go unnoticed.

She brings me my food and her eyes immediately land on the bowl of halwa, her anger evident on her face. But before she can unleash her frustration, I start blabbering, desperately pleading, "Shivani, I'm sorry, please don't be angry with me. I promise I won't repeat my mistake. Please accept this halwa as my apology, and don't scold me too much. It was just a twisted ankle, nothing serious." I dramatically join my hands together in front of me, giving her my best puppy-dog eyes. "Please, I'm sorry, sorry, 100 times sorry."

Shivani lets out a sigh and says, "Okay, I accept your apology, but don't ever do something like this again. When Officer Shaurya told me that you could have been shot if you hadn't dodged the bullet in time..." Her voice trails off, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't even want to imagine it. But you have to promise me that you won't put yourself in danger like that."

I nod and reply, "Okay, I promise. I'll stay away from danger. Now, let's put all this behind us. I'm hungry, so let's dig into the food." I can see that Shivani is still a little worried about me, but at least I've managed to pacify her. She'll probably forget about it by tomorrow and return to her usual self.

After finishing our meal, we decided to watch a horror movie, despite both of us being terrified of them. There was a twist though - we always made a bet on who could watch the movie until the end, and unsurprisingly,we both managed to cling onto our seats, trembling with fear. Little did we know that the horrors of the movie would continue long after the credits rolled.

As night descended, the eerie atmosphere in the room grew thicker, and even the slightest creak or mysterious sound sent us into a frenzy. We clung to each other like scaredy-cats, seeking solace and protection from the impending horrors on the screen. Our brave façade quickly crumbled, and we found ourselves chanting the 'Hanuman Chalisa' like it was our only lifeline, hoping that divine intervention would save us from the jump scares.