Chapter-17

Author's POV,

As the car pulled up to a luxurious restaurant, Pihu's heart sank. She had hoped that Rudra would simply drop her home and leave her alone, but he had other plans in mind. She knew she couldn't refuse outright, as his temper was unpredictable, so she reluctantly stepped out of the car.

Rudra held out his hand for her to take, a gesture that should have felt romantic, but under the circumstances, it only made Pihu's anxiety soar. "Come on, Pearl. Let's have lunch together," he said, his voice surprisingly gentle.

Pihu hesitated for a moment but then reluctantly placed her hand in his, feeling a strange mix of fear and vulnerability. Rudra led her inside the restaurant, where a table had been reserved for them in a secluded corner, away from prying eyes.

The ambiance of the restaurant was elegant and romantic, with soft music playing in the background and candles flickering on each table. Pihu couldn't help but notice the effort Rudra had put into setting the scene, but she was determined not to let her guard down.

"I really should be studying for my exams, Mr. Rathore," Pihu said, trying to find an excuse to escape this lunch.

Rudra smiled charmingly, his eyes fixed on her. "One hour, Pearl. That's all I'm asking for. You can spare one hour for lunch, can't you? Besides, it's lunchtime, so you need to eat something." He said last line in authoritative tone.

Pihu wanted to protest further, but her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as her stomach betrayed her with a loud growl. She tried to hide her discomfort, but it was clear that Rudra had noticed. He chuckled softly, finding amusement in the situation.

"Seems like your stomach agrees with me," Rudra teased, a hint of amusement in his voice.

Now, she couldn't deny that she was hungry as her anxiety had suppressed her appetite and also she didn't eat her breakfast today due to her exams, and she realized that she needed to eat something to keep her strength up.

"Fine, one hour," Pihu agreed, her voice resigned.

Rudra's smile widened, and he pulled out a chair for her to sit. Pihu took a seat, trying her best to remain composed as Rudra ordered their meals. He seemed to know exactly what she liked to eat, which only added to her discomfort.

As they waited for their food to arrive, Pihu fidgeted nervously with her cutlery, avoiding Rudra's intense gaze. "Why are you doing all this?" she finally asked, unable to hold back her curiosity as first time, when she spend time with Rudra in his house, she is so much scared that she can't even think but now she have chance so she don't want it to slip.

Rudra leaned back in his chair, his eyes never leaving hers. "Because I want to show you that I can be different," he said quietly. "I want to prove to you that I'm not all just darkness and danger. My feelings for you are strong, possessive even, but there is love, even if it's selfish. You are mine, Pihu, and I'll do whatever it takes to make you mine."

Pihu felt torn inside, wanting to argue and resist, but fear and uncertainty held her back. She knew challenging him could be dangerous, and she didn't want to jeopardize her plan of running away from him. So, she chose to remain silent.

In the depths of Rudra's eyes, he believed that he was making progress with Pihu. He saw her silence as a sign of understanding and perhaps even acceptance of his feelings. This misguided belief fueled his determination to keep her close, to prove his affection in whatever twisted way he deemed fit.

Changing the topic, Rudra asked with interest which was unexpected, "How were your exams going?"

Pihu didn't expect such a question from him, considering how he previously appeared to dislike her studying. Nevertheless, she replied, "They are going good."