Chapter-32

Author's Pov,

As Rudra reached the dining room with Pihu in his arms, he settled into the head chair with her in his lap. Pihu attempted to rise, but his firm hold kept her in place. She looked up at him and, her voice gentle but insistent, said, "Rudra, please let me go. I'd like to sit in one of the chairs."

Rudra's grip didn't waver, and his dark eyes bore into hers with a mixture of longing and possessiveness. He spoke, his tone low and intense, "No, Pearl. I want you right here with me, close to me. So I am not letting you go."

Pihu felt a swirl of emotions – a combination of frustration, confusion, and a small undercurrent of attraction. She wasn't used to someone being this determined to have her close. Despite her reservations, a part of her was drawn to his intensity.

Before Pihu could argue further, the maids entered, setting the dinner table. Pihu was overcome with embarrassment due to her current position. She lowered her gaze, attempting to conceal her discomfort.

Rudra observed her endearing gesture with admiration, his eyes never leaving her. After the maids left the room, he took a morsel of food and offered it to Pihu. She recognized the futility of resisting and accepted the gesture.

Once she had consumed the bite, Rudra surprised her with a request, "Feed me too, Pearl."

The unexpected nature of his plea caught Pihu off guard, causing her to choke slightly and start coughing. Rudra quickly offered her water and gently helped her regain her composure. Pihu glanced at him, searching for any hint of jest, but instead, he reiterated in a deep, low tone, "Feed me, Pearl," Rudra's voice dropped into a sultry, heated tone. "Unless you want me to devour something else, because I'm very hungry right now."

His words and the sudden peck on her lips left Pihu in a state of shock. She hesitated but eventually complied, picking up a morsel and feeding it to him.

Throughout the entire meal, Rudra experienced a contentment that had long eluded him. He had discovered a newfound peace, and he was resolute in preserving it. After their dinner, they strolled into the garden, and Pihu was overjoyed at the chance to step outside. She had been confined within the mansion for two days.

That evening, Pihu attempted to visit the garden, but Rudra's guards prevented her. They explained that she couldn't go outside without his permission. Pihu found this rule a bit absurd since she only wanted to explore the garden within the mansion. However, she decided not to argue and let it go to maintain the peace of the moment.

As Pihu wandered through the garden, she found herself entranced by its beauty. She discovered an array of flowers, each with its unique charm. However, what drew her in the most were the multicolored roses that seemed to glow with an ethereal radiance beneath the gentle moonlight. The fragrance of the roses filled her senses, enveloping her in their sweet aroma.

Without a second thought, she gravitated towards the roses, their fragrance delighting her senses. Rudra watched, pleased that Pihu had found something she enjoyed in the mansion beyond the library. Her soft smile, the glow of her face under the moon's tender embrace, and her presence amidst the roses left him utterly captivated. He couldn't help but absorb every detail of her beauty.

As she lost herself in the sea of roses, Rudra couldn't resist the urge to embrace her from behind, revelling in her presence. Pihu tensed slightly but didn't react. He spoke softly, his warm breath tickling her ear, "When I proposed at the party, I saw your fascination with the roses. So, I had this garden created especially for you. Do you like it?"

Pihu, still captivated by the garden, nodded with a soft smile. However, their moment of bliss was interrupted by Rudra's ringing phone. He reluctantly stepped away to answer it, maintaining a distance from Pihu.