Chapter-25

Author's POV,

Pihu glanced at her family, her mother's tear-stained face, her father furrowed face, her brothers' resolute expressions, and Shivani's unwavering support. They were her pillars of strength, her motivation to face the daunting path that lay ahead. With a deep breath, she nodded to Veer, signaling her readiness to proceed.

As she stepped out of the room, her footsteps resonated with both determination and heaviness. Veer led her towards the mandap, each step intensifying the whirlwind of emotions swirling within her. Memories of a life she held dear, the freedom she once relished, and the battles she was about to wage, all converged into a storm of thoughts within her heart. A spark of defiance burned brightly within her, an indomitable flame that refused to be extinguished—an emblem of her unyielding struggle for freedom and the love that fueled her fight.

Unbeknownst to her, guards had escorted her family to the mandap as well. As they emerged into the open garden, the sight that met their eyes was both breathtaking and heart-wrenching. The mandap stood as a symbol of union, but also a stark reminder of the circumstances that had brought them to this juncture. Pihu's gaze drifted to the center, where Rudra sat in all his imposing glory, engaged in the rituals with an air of control.

Her feet faltered for a fleeting moment, a surge of instinct urging her to flee. Yet, Rudra's icy gaze locked onto her, his eyes flashing with an unsettling mix of possessiveness and something far more sinister. Veer, sensing the impending turmoil, gently urged her forward.

With a heart heavy with reluctance, Pihu moved towards the mandap, her eyes clouded with a blur of emotions. The priest's voice resonated, reciting ancient chants and mantras, but in her mind, it was a distant hum. As the rituals unfolded, she found herself transported to happier times—moments spent with her family and her friend, her dreams and aspirations. Everything felt like grains of sand slipping through her fingers, irretrievable.

In the midst of the ceremonial echoes, Pihu's mind replayed the symphony of laughter and love, her heart yearning for the life she was being torn away from. The mandap, adorned with opulence, seemed like a gilded cage, confining her dreams and desires.

As the ceremony continued, Pihu's gaze inadvertently locked onto her family and Shivani, who were now seated nearby. Their expressions bore a mixture of pain and determination, a reflection of the love and support that enveloped her.

As the ceremony continued, the priest presented the varmala, the exchange of floral garlands, to both Pihu and Rudra

As the ceremony continued, the priest presented the varmala, the exchange of floral garlands, to both Pihu and Rudra. Pihu's hands trembled slightly as she attempted to place the garland around Rudra's neck. His towering presence demanded a slight bend, a token of what was to come. After adorning him with the varmala, Rudra reciprocated, gently draping it around Pihu's neck.

Veer stepped forward to perform the gathbandhan, a significant ritual symbolizing the binding of the bride and groom in holy matrimony. Since Rudra didn't have a sister, he had Veer take on this role. Pihu watched as Veer expertly knotted the ends of her Chunar to Rudra's scarf on his shoulder, an act that felt like the tightening of the chains that bound her.