𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 24

Start from the beginning

As soon as he turned around, he beamed, "Aaaa dhaaaa," and my aim was spot on.

I turned around as if I had no idea, wearing an expression of innocence. "Oh, when did you arrive?" I asked, pretending as if I and Aarush were caught off guard by his sudden appearance.

Aarav looked a bit flustered as he nervously scratched his neck and replied, "Just now." Liar!

Just as the microwave bell chimed, signalling that the food was ready, I said, "Amm- aajaiye khana bhi garam ho gaya hai." I said slowly.

(Umm come the food is also heated)

Seeing that I was struggling a bit while trying to manage Aarush on my hips, Aarav helped me by taking out the dish from the microwave and nervously sat down at the dining table. He wasn't accustomed to all this; he seemed a bit uncomfortable. So, I thought I might as well have a bit more food, and I prepared a plate for myself too.

When both of our plates were ready, Aarav asked, "Haven't you eaten yet?" Assuming he would.

"I had eaten earlier, but seeing the food again made me hungry, and I thought I could keep you company," I replied

Aarush wasn't willing to be separated from me; he didn't want to sit in his baby seat. So, I just ended up holding him in my lap.

As we began to eat, the atmosphere lightened up, and Aarav's discomfort seemed to ease a bit. Aarush, on the other hand, seemed delighted to be part of the mealtime, reaching out his tiny hands to grab at the food on my plate.

"Looks like someone's hungry too," Aarav remarked, gesturing towards Aarush.

"Yes, it seems like he wants to join in on the fun," I replied with a smile.

I kept my spoon aside and took a small bit of dal chawal and smashed it a little with my hands. And took it near Aarush's mouth, he seemed to examine it narrowing his eyes, and tried to grab it with his own hands but I was quick enough to move away.

"Naaa aaa mai khilari hu na" I cooed and again took my hands near his mouth, "You'll spoil your clothes baby"

(I am feeding you na)

Reluctantly Aarush brought his tiny mouth to my hands grabbed hold of my wrist and ate some chawal from it and started chomping on it.

As we silently began eating, Aarush chimed in with his adorable gibberish every now and then. After finishing our meal, it was time to clean up the kitchen. Aarav suggested taking Aarush, so I handed him over, and finally, Aarush went over to Aarav.

With Aarush happily settled with his dad, I started clearing the table and washing the dishes. Watching them together, I couldn't help but smile at the heartwarming sight and the thought of Aarav and Aarush bonding together.

With Aarav taking care of Aarush, I focused on tidying up the kitchen. As I wiped down the counters and washed the dishes, I could hear their- Nah only of Aarush's laughter echoing from the living room.

Aarav might take some time, and he's trying his best. I know this isn't easy for him; he has come a long way to reach this point, so it's natural for him to take time and gradually open up. I won't push him in any way because just seeing him trying brings me peace, and I have full confidence that Aarav will be a great dad to Aarush.

Though I haven't forgotten what Aarav said to Aarush in the past, the past is the past, and now that Aarav realises his mistake and is making an effort to rectify it, I believe in giving him that chance.

It's important to acknowledge his efforts and support him through this journey of fatherhood. Every step he takes towards bonding with Aarush is a step towards healing and building a stronger family. I trust in Aarav's love for Aarush and his commitment to being the best father he can be.