𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10

Chapter 11 is already uploaded on ScrollStack!!

TARGET to unlock next chapter-
85+ Votes

Precap in my instagram story highlights

Happy Reading💌

◽◾◽

I angrily drove to my mansion, a place I rarely visited and also didn't want to, I couldn't shake the frustration that brewed within

I angrily drove to my mansion, a place I rarely visited and also didn't want to, I couldn't shake the frustration that brewed within. my grip on the steering wheel tightened. Yet, here I was, if it wasn't the file I needed I would have never gone. Not today at least! Three hours ago, my dad called and dropped a bomb - had shattered the semblance of peace I maintained in my life.

Not the sarcasm in it guys!

My second wife and My son were moving into my room.

A forced decision I wanted to deny but couldn't, Dad's voice said it all as the last and final tone he usually doesn't use. But now it seems like he's using it more often. Despite my reluctance, I had to go to the mansion to grab an important file. It's confidential, and I couldn't send it to anyone else. The news had fueled my anger, a raging storm within that mirrored the turbulent drive. The meeting was with a client from Washington and had scheduled the timing as per their time at 11 am and here it will be 12:30. And now it's 11: 07 pm. I reluctantly steered toward the mansion, the weight of unwanted company and suppressed emotions weighing heavily on my shoulders.

As I was about to open the door, a loud baby's wail hit my ears. My hand froze on the doorknob. I clenched my fist, ran my hand through my hair, and rubbed my face in frustration. Why did I get stuck in this situation? I don't want to go in; I have files in there. My study room is attached to my bedroom inside, and now I regret not making a separate one. I had planned to create a nice separate study room next to my bedroom, but for some reason, I ended up building it in my bedroom itself.

Now, I was in a dilemma about whether to go inside or not. I need to go in for the files, but at the same time, I don't want to go in because Rhea is there inside with him. And I don't want to face them not now, not so soon. It's not like I am afraid of them or something, it's just that seeing him reminds me of those painful and unforgettable nights I had spent in the hospital with Sneha. Which only adds fuel to my already fuming grief.

I stood there for a while, contemplating whether to go in after the noise subsided. However, when I checked the time on my wristwatch, it was already 11:30, and the meeting was scheduled for 12:30. This wasn't an office meeting that I could reach in 20 minutes. My laptop and all the essential meeting materials were in the penthouse, and it took me about 40 minutes to get there. Also after reaching there, I also need some time to make final arrangements once I reach there. So, nope! Wasting time here is a bad idea. This client is crucial for both me and the company, and I can't afford to take any risks.