𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 22

Chapter 23 and 24 has been already uploaded on ScrollStack!

Link is in my Bio

Happy Reading💌

▪️▫️▪️

I sat on the floor with Aarav, leaning against the couch

I sat on the floor with Aarav, leaning against the couch. Aarav had cried himself to sleep, his hands tightly gripping my waist, his head resting on my shoulder. I gently stroked his hair and back, trying to comfort him as he slept peacefully.

Leaning my head back against the couch, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, feeling a lump form in my throat. Swallowing hard, I tried to calm my racing thoughts, letting the heaviness of the moment sink in.

As Aarav slept, his grip on my waist loosened slightly, but the warmth of his touch lingered, sending a strange yet comforting sensation through me. It was a peculiar mix of emotions swirling within me - a blend of tenderness, confusion, and a hint of something else that I couldn't quite place.

His rhythmic breathing against my neck brought a strange sense of peace amidst the chaos of the moment. I found myself torn between the heaviness of exhaustion and the odd sense of contentment that came from holding him close, even in his vulnerable state.

With each stroke of his hair, I couldn't help but marvel at the fragility of human emotions. Here we were, both emotionally drained and mentally exhausted, yet finding solace in each other's presence.

In the dimly lit room, the silence seemed to amplify the weight of our shared burdens. It was not night but the closed curtains of windows gave the shades of orange-ish colour in the room. The events of the day played like a relentless reel in my mind, each scene etching deeper into my consciousness. Yet, amidst the turmoil, there was a strange sense of unity in our exhaustion. We were two souls navigating the tempest of life's challenges, finding solace in the simple act of being together, of offering comfort in our shared vulnerability.

As I continued to hold Aarav close, I realised that perhaps this confusing mix of emotions was simply the raw essence of human connection. At this moment, there were no words needed - only the quiet understanding that we were here for each other, bound by the unspoken promise of support and understanding. I found solace in the knowledge that even in our weakest moments, we were stronger together.

As I turned my head and glanced at the clock on the wall, I realised it was almost lunchtime. Thoughts of lunch made my stomach growl; I hadn't even had breakfast this morning, and I suspected Aarav hadn't either.

I looked over at Aarav, who was sleeping so peacefully. He looked utterly innocent, his face relaxed in slumber. Despite that, it was time to feed Aarush too. I attempted to sit up, but the position on the floor was not comfortable for me. My muscles protested, and I winced as I shifted. To be honest, it was more than an hour that I had been sitting in the same position without even moving a bit.