𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 17

Chapter 18, 19 and 20 is already uploaded on ScrollStack!<3
link in my bio👍🏻

Happy Reading💌

◽◾◽

I feel a strange fear gripping my heart, a heavy weight settling in my chest

I feel a strange fear gripping my heart, a heavy weight settling in my chest. We've been tirelessly searching for Aarush. Papa just returned home after Savitri Maa called him. Half an hour has passed, and the entire household staff is engaged in the search for Aarush. The weight in my chest is becoming overwhelming.

"Beta, calm down; we will find Aarush," Savitri Maa said, placing her hand on my shoulder. She was telling me to stay calm, but worry was evident on her face.

My voice trembled as I spoke, "How, Maa? And when? I-I'm feeling so scared. He can't just go on his own; he's too little for that." Emotion choked my words, and tears welled up in my eyes, mirroring the shared anxiety of those around me.

"I've checked the CCTV cameras; no stranger has entered or left. I haven't spotted Aarush in any of the footage," Papa said as he entered the living hall, visibly distressed. Rishab bhai walked alongside him, sharing the worry.

"We've been trying to call Aarav, but his phone is unreachable. When we inquired at his office, they informed us he hasn't shown up today. He supposedly has an important meeting outside; perhaps he went there directly," Papa continued, engrossed in his phone, trying to gather more information.

"Hey Bhagvan! Kaha hai mera bachha?" I whispered to myself, and a solitary tear escaped my eye. The helplessness and the unknown whereabouts of Aarush were becoming unbearable, casting a shadow over the room.

(Oh God! Where is my child?)

"Please, Bhagvan ji mujhe mere bache se milvado, Please! " I silently prayed, joining my hands as one more tear fell down from my eye, my heart weighed down by worry.

(Please, God, bring my child back to me soon)

The atmosphere was thick with tension, each passing second intensifying the knot of worry in our hearts. The very air seemed charged with uncertainty, and the weight of the unknown pressed down on us.

In the living room, the tension was palpable, and our worry for Aarush weighed heavily on us. The silence felt suffocating, interrupted only by occasional creaks and distant sounds. Every passing second seemed to stretch, and with each moment, it felt as if the world around me was crumbling.

The emotions in the room were a mix of fear, desperation, and aching uncertainty. I clung to the hope that we would soon receive some reassuring news about Aarush, but the waiting was becoming almost unbearable, intensifying the emotions in the room.