Chapter 108- Masks?

Start from the beginning

I take this chance to walk away from the conversating Michonne and Siddiq and quickly jog to Damien and Cato. I wrap them in a tight hug, mainly since I haven't seen them in so long. I'm warming up to physical touch with them. It's weird, it's like the second time Nick fucked me up, he double fucked me up. I didn't think I would still be this back seven years later. 

"Still married?" I ask in a joking tone.

Damien chuckles, "Unfortunately." 

"Okay, whatever." Cato says, rolling his eyes. 

"Yeah, how dare you, you...hornswoggle." I say in a fake, very bad Irish accent.

"Fuck the both of you." He groans, punching Damien and I lightly in the shoulder. "How's...holy shit. Your tattoos!" 

I chuckle and pull the collar of my shirt down to reveal more of my neck and then pull the bottom of it to reveal my stomach. "Haven't gotten one in I think...three weeks? Well, other than the fact we ran out of ink. After we ran out of ink she started using a sharpie so I haven't been drawn on in about three weeks." 

Damien laughs excitedly, "Oh my god! How often would you get them?" 

I shrug, "When we first started doing it, it felt like it was every few hours. About three years ago it started to be every other day or so, and then recently it was barely any a week." I smile proudly. "She's getting better." 

Cato smiles a big, gummy smile. "Adrian, you get sister of the Century award for that. How is she with what...happened?" 

I twitch my mouth to the side, "Not amazing. I mean, that was a lot for a teenager to go through. When that new group showed up I thought she was gonna have a panic attack." 

Damien nods, "I wish she came with you. And Inejra." Cato nods in agreement. 

"How is Inejra, anyway?" 

I smirk, "Okay, I don't know what her deal is. She's like every man's dream girl in Alexandria and apparently, she was here and at the Kingdom when Alexandria was still in contact with y'all. But she just...doesn't want them. She says it's because they all act the same but I don't know."

Cato smiles, "Totally gay." 

I scoff, "Alyssa thinks so. I dunno. She still hasn't told me why she killed her parents, like I have no idea her backstory so I think getting close to someone like that is part of it." I shrug, "She better get with someone soon. I think Alyssa'll have an aneurysm if she doesn't." 

Damien nods, "She hasn't told me that either. I think the only person she told is 'Lyss and possibly Gabriel." He pauses and looks around, "Think she'll ever tell us?" 

It's kind of weird seeing them again. They're the reason I'm still here but we haven't spoken in so long. It feels good to talk to them again. 

"I dunno," I admit, chewing on my cheek. "I think she does what I do to heal-" 

"Forget?" Damien and Cato say in unison. 

I roll my eyes, "Alright, fuck off. But yes, forget. It's gotta be something bad, don't you think?" 

Cato nods, "That can't be good for her to bottle all of that up." 

"She doesn't." I say, smiling a down-turned smile, "She has Alyssa." I glance quickly around before nodding to them, "I'ma go talk to Tara." 

Damien nods and holds out his fist for me to fistbump, "You're staying with us tonight." 

I scoff and fistbump him and Cato and groan exaggeratedly, "Damn it." With that, I turn and walk away, holding a peace sign to Carol just like Abraham used to do.