"Is this it?" Lin Yun asked.

Tang Ning nodded.

Opening the detailed account of the incident, they found numerous images of the white-clad ghost, including a crystal-clear video clip from a variety show. In it, Tang Ning confronted the ghostly woman, a scene that had only been uploaded yesterday. Despite the woman's appearance ten days prior, it wasn't until she caused several mysterious deaths that everyone confirmed her role in the paranormal contamination.

As they clicked on the variety show video, numerous comments from players flooded the screen:

"Damn, buddy, I've searched high and low! All four people in this video are still alive! This player named Tang Ning is incredible! It's the first time I've seen someone casually handle three regular folks during a paranormal invasion."

"What quality of prop money is this? Must be at least B-grade, right? Can you buy one for a million?"

"Damn, I remember this trending a while back. At the time, I was thinking this variety show was pretty damn cool, the monsters they made were as oppressive as the real deal. Who would've thought it was actually, damn it, real? These days, pro gamers even have to venture into the entertainment industry?!"

"It might not necessarily be a pro gamer; they seemed scared out of their wits. Probably latched onto some wealthy big shot, tossing out four lifesaving talismans in one go. If I were the big shot, I'd just kick them off. Yeah, they do look pretty good, though. If I were the big shot, I'd be willing to give them props."

Tang Ning awkwardly finished reading these comments and quietly explained to Lin Yun, "This prop money is just an E-grade item. Handing it to a fierce ghost has a certain chance of reducing the ghost's hostile intentions. I think I just got lucky at the time, hitting a rare event with a very low probability."

Lin Yun remained silent, slowing down the video playback and replaying it several times before stopping at a specific moment. "What did you say back then?"

Tang Ning leaned in closer to the screen, where he was seen confronting the ghost with the prop money, his lips moving rapidly but subtly, as if murmuring to himself.

"I..." Tang Ning's mind went blank, his memory failing him as he couldn't recall what he was murmuring back then.

"You were saying..." Lin Yun whispered, "...Mo Yunchu."

Tang Ning jerked his head towards Lin Yun, once again sensing a deep-seated fear emanating from him.

Lin Yun had mentioned Mo Yunchu in passing when discussing Ji Lianyin's fate.

Even just uttering the name once, Lin Yun couldn't maintain a composed demeanor.

"You seem scared?" Tang Ning asked softly.

If you delve into the descriptions of Mo Yunchu on forums, you'll find that despite often roughing up players, he's still regarded as a powerful figure. So, why does Lin Yun mention Mo Yunchu as if referring to a malevolent ghost?

"If you were to encounter his other form," Lin Yun lowered his voice, "No, you wouldn't want to."

Tang Ning looked puzzled. Another form?

All he knew was what Boss Hao had mentioned: Mo Yunchu's parents had resorted to a life-for-a-life deal, allowing him to live up to now. But once Mo Yunchu died, he would transform into an unstoppable evil spirit.

But hadn't Mo Yunchu already died?

"It's said that his birth was stillborn, and his parents used a forbidden method to extend his life, maintaining his appearance as normal as possible. No one could imagine he was a monster," Lin Yun's voice grew softer as he spoke, "One day, this monster 'committed suicide.'"